The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 27, 2024, 12:38:00 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being illegal doesn't make it wrong."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Ability to see the number of successful and failed cracks  (Read 3097 times)
virus man

View Profile WWW
« on: July 14, 2008, 12:08:14 AM »

On your own server.  Not any IPs mind you.  Just a little stat counter showing how many failures and successes.

Would be an interesting thing to see.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 01:54:59 AM »

hm, well there is only one type of crack and that's a successful one, the others are just attempts...

I mean there's no action involved and nothing to fail since they don't actually start the process if they can't penetrate the defenses...

XRay

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 01:25:05 PM »

Sure, but it would still be interesting to see if there were any failed attempts. Your firewall can surely notice when someone is trying an inferior attack or an outdated exploit.

I don't think it should show the successful cracks though... it should not be that easy to see whether your gateway is compromised.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 01:26:39 PM by XRay » Logged
sovietpride

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 02:15:24 PM »

its typically a rude message anyway.

not that i've done anything of that sort, as x ray can testify. (i hope)

quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 07:21:34 PM »

hm, well there is only one type of crack and that's a successful one, the others are just attempts...

I mean there's no action involved and nothing to fail since they don't actually start the process if they can't penetrate the defenses...

If it reaches the Overload option then it should count as an attempt.

But I am really looking at the Password Break personally as that is my specialty however it could be used for both Firewall Bypass and PW Break.

btw sorry for the late reply.  Been dealing with a "hairy" situation irl ;)

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: