The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 08:08:39 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being legal doesn't make it right."
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Malicious Links  (Read 14570 times)
WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2012, 04:29:06 PM »

[HH] Surrealism(#44045)
09-Aug-2012 09:48
From wolfdoc | new userblocked.

http://bit.ly/NKM1EQ

this link, which is POORLY DONE, kicks member from the group. As im sure this is Violation of the ToS as he spammed it to my team , i think action is needed
asdfth12

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 06:59:49 PM »

I've read them, and it doesn't mention anything about this.

I'll agree, that it has malicious intent but the leave group link is a aspect of this game, and it doesn't interfer with how the game operates. It's not racist, vulgar, or religiously intolerant so it doesn't go against the messages aspect.

Still, this guy is a saint compared to you. You've commited actions that are specifically forbidden in the ToS, and nothing happened to you. (I'm referring to your, past and extermely common, use of refreshers which are specifically banned in the ToS.)

To Emi, if your going to punish Surrealism person for doing something that the ToS makes no mention of, you should give a harsher, or at least equilivent, punishment to those who intentionally broke the ToS.

WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 08:33:41 PM »

asdfth u got to be dumb. Really? this nothing compared what ive done, u keep mentioning the refresher which i haven't used in a long while since emi said to not use it, BTW refresher wasn't against the rules till then , so did nothing against the ToS, but as active as u are sure ur playing despite ur claims not to be. so ill be watching out for ya and troll u with malware like u been trolling my post bc you cant beat me in game, its pretty pathetic, that u get beat at the game and then just look for reason for me to be banned bc u cant beat me other wise... But u have fun as ur words carry no weight behind them. lol just another nobody of HP.
WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 08:55:27 PM »

[HPA] e(#1)
09-Aug-2012 21:50
Re: Links

Using the links to kick a player out of a group against his will? It's an abuse and against the TOS.
norill

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 10:05:27 AM »

i have to agree with wolf. you are getting pathetic asdfth12. wtf are you still doing here if you are not playing?

asdfth12

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 11:33:06 AM »

Can you show the specific section in the ToS where it says that sending links to other people is disallowed?

Can't, can you?

And yes, the refresher was specifically stated, in the ToS, to not be allowed.

And no, despite what you said, forbidding refreshers wasn't added when you stopped using them. The last edit to the ToS was done in 2009, and I have a pm from you (in 2011) stating that you recently used refreshers.

So, if refreshers were forbidden after you started using them, and that you stopped using them when Emi asked, then why did you tell me that you were regularly using them in 2011 when they were, presumably, banned in 2009?
WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 03:49:34 PM »

Poor you, lol read the forum more.  Emi ok'd refresher for a while then Changed his mind, and sorry to tell ya emi's added few things since 2009, so that's not accurate at all
WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 03:51:30 PM »

Ps emi SAID it against the rules so I don't have to point out anything lol. Or does the owner of the game not make the rules lol
asdfth12

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 06:20:46 PM »

He can make the rules, but the only way for them to be followed is if he tell's players what the rules are, ensures that other sources do not cause confusion about the rules, and enforce them with a heavy hand. My main source is the ToS, which Emi has not bothered to keep up to date.

Basically, he can't ban Surrealism for this, because before this point he never stated that doing this was against the ToS. I've read them. Makes no mention of something like this. At the most, it's using your name.

And even then, unless he adds this information to the ToS, not many people will know about this meaning that is can easily happen again in the past.

WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2012, 06:46:27 PM »

never said he was getting banned, just needed to be talked to, BTW emi can prety much do what he wants. U seem to forget that this is a game, if emi wants to ban u for no reason he can, if he wants to close the game he can. And if u don't have enough sense in that head of yours to know that sending links like that will get ANYONE IN TROUBLE IN ANY GAME, then i feel bad for you, U can keep saying anything u want but try reading the ToS section called      Playing fairly and Honestly

But we all know what will happen here, Ull just try to reverse it back on me bc u have no life nor point, anything u can and have accused me of has been talked about and dealt with, SO GET OVER IT, U JUST AREN'T GOOD AT HP
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 06:58:30 PM by WolfDoc » Logged
madolebr

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2012, 07:43:04 AM »

sorry to say this asdfth12, but all i have seen in every post you have done in recent times has been one of the following:
1.being a little immature kid with nothing better to do than talk about a refresher (btw, truey, i could care less about a refresher. hit f5 enough times and it'll equal up.)
2. try to get wolf banned for stupid crap from the past
3. saying you don't play the game, yet your always in the forum... seems strange that someone who cares not about the game to troll the forums looking for wolfs name just to blow off some steam.
4. just plain out being a little annoying (cencored)

now, i'm sure i'm going to be in your next rant in... about 5 minutes, so let me go ahead and say this

we gives no F***
asdfth12

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2012, 07:57:26 PM »

Players who try to manipulate the rules and/or use loopholes in them may be deleted from the game.

His actions were not manipulation of a existing rule, nor using loopholes in a rule since something like this isn;t even mentioned in the ToS. (Technically though, the most common definition of loophole is essentially manipulation. So this rule is essentially restating the same thing twice.)
So, he didn't violate the ToS.

And WD, your post and the fact that your, essentially, shouting about how much I suck shows who is more mature. (Hint, it's not you.) Really though, this is how most of our conversations go. Me staying calm, and you decending into a angry rant about how I suck, and thats the only reason I dislike you. I'll say this though, if you could control your anger better then most of our issues wouldn't exist. (Well, that and you actually being able to keep your word. I've had truce after truce with you, but in the end you always bombed first, instead of trying to resolve the issues like a civilized person, which was kinda the point to us having a truce.)

And here is the thing, what you are forgetting. Each game has different rules, so you can't base what the rules are for one game, on the rules of a past game you've played. To do so would be nothing more then plain idiocy, and laziness.

And yes, I agree that Emi can make whatever rules he wishes. However, the rules that he does make are completely pointless if he doesn't make a attempt to let these rules be known to the players. Emi tells you pretty much everything, so you'll know them (With the exception of the refreshers, which you should have realized at that time being a mod. Given that people usually look up to them as examples, and your disregard of the rules, you never were a good example. But this is partially Emi's fault, picking a bad person to be used as a example to other players, and giving a light punishment, correction, no punishment at all, which makes him appear weak when it comes to ensuring fair play and that all rules are followed.)

To Madolebr

1. I'm trying to see Wolfdoc held accountable for his intentional disreguard of the rules. If you think that this is pointless, then so is Wolfdoc's attempt to see Surrelism held accountable for his intentional disreguard of the rules. (Well, if he broke them anyway. You can't break what doesn't exist afterall.)

2. I'm not wanting him banned. I dislike him yes, but I will admit that he is part of the reason why this game is still alive. However, this is no reason for him to get off with a wristslap for a intentional violation of the game's ToS, especially when (at that time) he was, with his position, supposed to be a example of a good, rule abiding, player.

3. I may or may not start playing again, which is why I want to see the game improved. Anyway, I'm still in contact with some people who do play and they do tell me what has been happening in game. Then again, even without them, a person can learn a lot about what's happening ingame by just paying attention to what's happening on the forums.

4. Refer to 1, 2, and 3. And really, given your use of some choice words you can't try to take the high ground. If I was just being a annoying pest, then you'd have just done what I wanted.

Nice attempt at predicting the future, although you might want to order a new crystal ball. Your a little more then 12 hours off.

And it's nice that you don't care. Really, it is. You can be happy knowing that you are a part of the majority, who don't care about this game. Then again, not caring does explain why this game has almost no players, and even fewer long time players. (Although, the lack of long time players might be because of some members chasing them off.)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 10:34:04 PM by asdfth12 » Logged
WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2012, 11:49:18 PM »

asdfth post the whole section not just what suits you

The Hacker Project upholds high standards of moral behavior. Any player who is caught manipulating bugs in the game or has been cheating in any other way will be deleted from the game immediately. Using vulgar words towards other players may also lead to deletion.

Sending malicious links isnt of a higher standard of behavior.

"And WD, your post and the fact that your, essentially, shouting about how much I suck shows who is more mature"

Sorry, my ALL CAPS isnt yelling it me trying to get a point into your head, Sorry to tell ya, i really careless what you say. IF anything glad to have something to post about..isnt a angry rant, lol. Im sorry if u aren't good at hp, truth is truth doesn't make it angry. Why would i be angry? think about it, what you say is old and repetitive, doesn't hold any sway, and wont ever turn into anything, So no real reason to be angry...lol

" I've had truce after truce with you"

which you always break by going into these drama, and i attacked you only twice, both time if i can remember correctly where started either here or by your group.

Each game has different rules, so you can't base what the rules are for one game, on the rules of a past game you've played. To do so would be nothing more then plain idiocy, and laziness.

So does every country, to that matter every state in the us, but you still assume what is right is right. But Sorry that you cant figure out whats a sense of right and wrong is, Most people can, just guess everyone needs to spell things out for ya in black and white.  Game ToS doesnt say i cant Hack into your account and delete everything of yours but does that make it any less right, No. in fact it says the opposite,

The Hacker Project is not responsible for any un-authorized access to your account

Does this mean i shouldn't be punished for hacking the account? NO

And once again, IVE NEVER BROKE THE ToS with the refresher, anytime i used it was allowed, until the rule was changed, Until you can prove other wise all your doing is blowing smoke. but once again, for the millionth time, If it was against the rules (which it wasn't) i can name at least 15 people currently playing who has used a refresher. so half the game should get banned, NO. emi just warned use to stop and we did and he made it against the ToS, AKA EMI DID SOMETHING, a refresher is the smallest thing you can do, and instead of banning everyone emi chose to warn us to stop and move on, instead of being like you, anf being so very mad about it and beating a dead horse till u get something out of it. For someone acting so smart and calmly you seem to bring up the same thing over and over, which emi addressed in other topics and which was found to be a minor thing.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 12:45:26 AM by WolfDoc » Logged
WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2012, 12:02:12 AM »

3. I may or may not start playing again, which is why I want to see the game improved. Anyway, I'm still in contact with some people who do play and they do tell me what has been happening in game. Then again, even without them, a person can learn a lot about what's happening ingame by just paying attention to what's happening on the forums.

Not addressed to me but, sorry to tell ya, u cant figure out crap from the forums by whats said here, Where does it say SCC lost power, CCC gained power, and that ive talked to most groups and came to a understanding with them?
asdfth12

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2012, 02:05:23 AM »

And once again, IVE NEVER BROKE THE ToS with the refresher, anytime i used it was allowed, until the rule was changed, Until you can prove other wise all your doing is blowing smoke.

The last time the ToS was modifed was 2009, and it specifically states that refreshers are not allowed, and I have a message from you in 2011 stating that you were, at that time or just recently, using refreshers.

So, if you only used the refreshers when they were allowed, and they were disallowed in 2009, then why did you use them in 2011?

As for the truce, we never did violate that. VES did have V1k software, but as you admited, no one from VES hacked into your groups servers to take it, and it was actually given to us by one of your members. Of course, even though you admited to knowing this, you still bombed us. Basically, you were blaming VES because some of your group members didn't want to follow your orders, and as I said at that time, you decided to mop the floor instead of fixing the leaking pipe. (In this case, VES was the mopped floor, and the member giving us the software, which at that time we assumed was done under your orders, was the leaking pipe.)

And morals are up to debate. Those differ between person, so moral behavior can't really be considered a basis for anything. The closest analogy I can think of is one persons freedom fighter, is anthers terrorist. If you don't get the meaning, basically it means that people perceive the actions of other people differently. What is morally 'right' to one person, might be morally 'wrong' to another, while another might not care at all.

As for info, I'll agree to a point. You can get information, however it will be outdated very quickly.

As for my information... SCC, after you recruited Kayle, SCC essentially disbanded, but a number of them have decided to go to CCC. Your understanding with CCC is debatable, because of Velthur, and even if he says to you that things are good the odd's are that he's just waiting to stab you in the back. Correction, SCC doesn't like you that much so I'm will to bet that most of CCC is waiting to stab you in the back. Bevaveredge (WDG) has decided to remove the deadweight from his group and plans to revive it, although personally I don't think he will get far. WDG might have good activity at first, but like last rounds it will die down. Judging by the numbers, I'd figure that Dos will (yet again) be the main power group, CCC and Naga (Possiably, still not sure.) will be the mid power groups, and SnD, HH, and [OS] being the minor powers. IED will most likely die out mid round with 723 joining CCC or HH. (I'll let you decide why I've said these groups, instead of any other combination.)

Anyway, while I'm not playing, I still try to keep up with the (For lack of a better term) politics of HP. (Most of this I learn by looking at the group rankings, top rankings, and group member lists but I do still have some contacts who occasionally pass me information. Hint, one of my contacts is closer to you then you think.)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 02:10:40 AM by asdfth12 » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: