The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 04:35:54 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: More ways to earn AP's?  (Read 4425 times)
Ulurukangoo

View Profile Email
« on: August 10, 2012, 07:57:59 AM »

Hey,
What about adding new way(s) to earn some AP? I mean for now you have like S&D (which are owned by script users) and voting, so we're like constantly in shortage of AP's, especially when we research lots of stuff.

Please post your inputs y'all, might have missed something, or might improve this base idea a bit.

Cheers.
norill

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 10:06:14 AM »

friendly pvp

Ulurukangoo

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 10:20:50 AM »

Hay true indeed, that's another way :p Well it relies on the target being "friendly" first :P but sure...
asdfth12

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 11:39:26 AM »

Adding new methods for getting AP isn't that good of a idea. The current script users will just make more scripts to take advantage of the new methods.

We need to find someway to kill the currently used scripts. A hourly captcha, random captcha, or a captcha that is given after a certian amount of user actions, might help to reduce the mass use of mission completion scripts.
Ulurukangoo

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 11:40:25 AM »

Yeah, why not tbh...
N3hpy50X3

Deal With It. Don't Get

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 02:52:41 PM »

I absolutely hate CAPTCHAs!!!

I've left sooo many games bc I'm sick of those things randomly in my way, it pisses me off!

a simple google search and have found many ways around CAPTCHA

maybe if you integrated it into the game so that it is functional and benefits the player in some way...like voting, you can win stuff if you complete the CAPTCHA successfully (or a certain amount or whatever)

and the CAPTCHA should be something like what it was like to register on this forum (a jigsaw puzzle) or something similiar
...or make it a picture that is difficult to read (something about OCR) that has numbers and a math symbol that needs to be solved

apparently if it's not an image, then it's too easy for hackers to bypass (i.e. if it is just like the text that I am writing now, they can just copy/cut and paste or whatever)

but ultimately, from what I have read, there seems to always be a way around

.,..,....,,....,.,,...,,.,,.,.,,.,,.,..,.,,.,,,..,,..,,,..,......,,.,..,.,,,..,,..,......,,....,..,......,,.,,.,.,,..,.,.,,.,,,..,,,.,...,,....,.,,.,,....,......,,..,,,.,,....,.,,.,,.,.,,..,.,.,.,,,.
N3hpy50X3

Deal With It. Don't Get

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 03:00:17 PM »

slavehack has ~0.5-hourly CAPTCHAs ...I don't play that game anymore

when you was trying to hack something, you get a CAPTCHA right when you didn't need it

like if you where doing something banking, and then when you try to clear your logs before some other player see's your financial details, then you get a CAPTCHA (straight after clicking the button to clear logs) and find out, when after you've been thru the CAPTCHA, that the logs didn't clear - so now some other player has your bank and hacks it (you lose EVERYTHING)

it's in those time critical situations that CAPTCHA should be completely avoided, otherwise I leave
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 06:03:53 PM by N3hpy50X3 » Logged

.,..,....,,....,.,,...,,.,,.,.,,.,,.,..,.,,.,,,..,,..,,,..,......,,.,..,.,,,..,,..,......,,....,..,......,,.,,.,.,,..,.,.,,.,,,..,,,.,...,,....,.,,.,,....,......,,..,,,.,,....,.,,.,,.,.,,..,.,.,.,,,.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: