The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 29, 2024, 01:02:47 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Will this make me a target?  (Read 3675 times)
BB Grim

Grim is as Grim does.

View Profile
« on: March 29, 2013, 12:20:00 PM »

I just saw an Encryptor file sitting there while doing a very low-level hack. I thought to myself, "Self, you don't have one of those, and it says right there you can download it." So I did.
Now I am wondering if that means I will now be a target of retaliation. Or, is the little v1.2 Encryptor just too tiny to worry about? If I am going to be a target, what is my best defense, and what level should it be at my worthless station in the grand scheme of ultra-junior hackers to afford some actual defense?
Does it make sense to hide a higher level defensive software on my own server to keep prying eyes from knowing what they are up against when they enter my own private Matrix (don't laugh...one day I will slide from Neuromancer  shuriken to Matrix  bodyguard...it can happen...really!)

BB Grim

Because the World is a Grim Place
tomorty080

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 02:13:09 PM »

my best advice is:
encrypt their firewall bypass and password break so they cant get to you

- posted in honor of ARVL
We are here to protect the world against the rev virus, we will be the last defenders, no matter what, we will be the last line of defense
tomorty080

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 09:05:19 PM »

also, i used this strategy to keep a guy who was trying to trash my second server but i went afk for too long and he got me but it is
keep a password change running so if he breaks through you can lock him back out
this worked for the guy who malwared my server and it worked until i went afk for too long, so now i got to do a HDD format on that server too   2  crybaby but i still have an axe to grind with him and once i get my servers back up, he's going to get it  butcher

- posted in honor of ARVL
We are here to protect the world against the rev virus, we will be the last defenders, no matter what, we will be the last line of defense
N3hpy50X3

Deal With It. Don't Get

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 09:25:49 PM »

Always expect the worst! boff

.,..,....,,....,.,,...,,.,,.,.,,.,,.,..,.,,.,,,..,,..,,,..,......,,.,..,.,,,..,,..,......,,....,..,......,,.,,.,.,,..,.,.,,.,,,..,,,.,...,,....,.,,.,,....,......,,..,,,.,,....,.,,.,,.,.,,..,.,.,.,,,.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: