The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 29, 2024, 01:43:05 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being illegal doesn't make it wrong."
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: NPC servers repair themselves.  (Read 8960 times)
Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2008, 02:04:40 PM »

Besides, some of them are still there. Whoever's taking them out is doing a pretty shoddy job of it; you missed some on public servers!
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

Scrixx123@hotmail.com ekam94 pet_shop123@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2008, 07:06:56 PM »

*sigh*

ok ok i give in, fix all you wany, ive had my fun.

for now.
Rofl xP

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
ZacQuicksilver

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2008, 01:40:45 AM »

I think they should not only repair damage, but get better. Our servers do after all.

My proposed mechanic:

Each Non-Player Server (NPS) gets the following money:

1% of virii income on it, whether or not the income is collected
10% of missions accepted from it that are completed
10 HPD/hour multiplied by the defense level of the server

This money is used first to repair damage, then to upgrade. If it is upgrading, it looks at it's percentage uses, and upgrades whatever systems are closest to 100% usage.

This would make the True Light Software Repositories harder to hurt, because so many people get missions there and there are so many virii there, so the upgrades would come sooner. On the other hand, secret servers would get less, but of course are already more valuable because they have higher defenses.

I hack games, not computers, in my life.

I'm NOT SGP, no matter how much I support them on the forums.

Pardus.at. Let me know if you play.
HJ®
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2008, 02:00:02 AM »

100 HPD off of each 1k mission because soviet likes to play with his toys? no thanks.

People should have the option to donate to the servers to upgrade their hardware (They should also auto-regenerate). You get what you put into it. This would also help the storyline, IMO. an anti-hacker wants to destroy public servers, the hackers want them there.

If allowed on private servers, this could also potentially let a player hack into an empty server, upgrade it, and use it himself for virii. What's the point in having a bunch of 5 BW empty servers, with nobody playing on them, and only 1 adware can be installed on each? When the IP's get found by the other players, it's practically a massive donate/AV/Install war on very useful servers that would be useless (or practically useless making 3.30 HPD/hr) otherwise.

This also allows the option of sending HPD to other accounts, but the donation goes automatically and evenly towards hardware (Or even let the donator choose what hardware upgrade to upgrade).
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 02:10:20 AM by Dave » Logged
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2008, 02:39:27 AM »

If allowed on private servers, this could also potentially let a player hack into an empty server, upgrade it, and use it himself for virii. What's the point in having a bunch of 5 BW empty servers, with nobody playing on them, and only 1 adware can be installed on each? When the IP's get found by the other players, it's practically a massive donate/AV/Install war on very useful servers that would be useless (or practically useless making 3.30 HPD/hr) otherwise.

This also allows the option of sending HPD to other accounts, but the donation goes automatically and evenly towards hardware (Or even let the donator choose what hardware upgrade to upgrade).

Isn't that the same thing like upgrading your own gateway and installing viruses on it, but with an added option of abuse by multi-accounts and farmers?

HJ®
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2008, 02:58:28 AM »

You still haven't told us exactly your views on 'abuse', siremi.
sovietpride

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2008, 07:37:46 AM »

100 HPD off of each 1k mission because soviet likes to play with his toys? no thanks.

AFAIK he means if you were to say, take a 1k mission, you would get the 1k, but the server gets 100hpd on top of that.
Kinda like the bonus from the head of the company for being able to *sell* it as it were.

thats what i think anwyay o.o

quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
ZacQuicksilver

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2008, 05:13:22 PM »

AFAIK he means if you were to say, take a 1k mission, you would get the 1k, but the server gets 100hpd on top of that.
Kinda like the bonus from the head of the company for being able to *sell* it as it were.

thats what i think anwyay o.o

That's exactly what I meant. In another game (Pardus), if I own a Starbase, I get 1/10 of the mission rewards accepted at my starbase, and the person who does the mission gets the full value of the mission, same as if they took a similar mission at a non-player Starbase.

So, if you do a 1500 HPD mission, the server you got it from gets a CPU upgrade to fix the damage Soviet did to it. You only do a mission for x.xx HPD, and the server gets less than 1 HPD, but it adds up, and eventually it increases it's broadband.

And I don't think that player servers should be upgradeable by anyone other than the person who's server it is. If they're inactive, oh well.

I hack games, not computers, in my life.

I'm NOT SGP, no matter how much I support them on the forums.

Pardus.at. Let me know if you play.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: