The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 29, 2024, 05:09:22 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Down with the mega-corporations!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: temporary server disable  (Read 2648 times)
Noseedam

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2008, 12:23:22 PM »

as it is (and i know this for a fact) it is possible to shut down peoples computers remotely (windows is REALLY scary)

this would be a very good PvP tool, and i think it would do some good......... it's the equivalent of the i.p. being shutdown, for them, and they can't control their process for a few minutes (or seconds) because we need a rapid pace PvP weapon........

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 02:26:43 PM »

Windows can only be remotely shutdown if a specific service is running which every tweaking guide out there has you disable it.

Now granted if someone installed a worm or a trojan then that is a different story.

I would rather see something more along the lines of worms and trojans being brought in.  I had the fantastic opportunity back in 97 to work with a skilled hacker on a worm for Linux.   Very small program yet was very powerful.  It allowed him to log in as anyone he wanted using the stored in PW, hid all processes, and the only way to remove it was to nuke and pave.  It was very slick and used so little resources that it wasn't even recognizable via computer performance.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 02:27:54 PM »

A DoS style attack would be cool and would really allow for some major story line making.

Imagine if SGP was able to DoS a corp's server farm.  Obviously it would only be for a short time but would really work into the story plot.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 04:21:42 PM »

i'd love to see a real story line for HP, and i think that'd it'd do well

it would also make game much funner, and would give reference points for newer players.........

regardless, i'd also like to see that, maybe have some functions taht are more tech-peoples friendly, than non tech-peoples friendly (besides greasemonkey ideas)

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: