The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 29, 2024, 04:41:39 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being legal doesn't make it right."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: kernel / core utility versions  (Read 2739 times)
jem6502

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2008, 08:18:36 PM »

In the running programmings list, I've noticed version 0.1 is listed for most kernel processes like Upload, delete file etc.

At some point will we have kernel upgrades?  It would be kind of neat to have an increased Upload or Download that does some compression on the fly, reducing total time etc.  Perhaps a verson 0.2 kernel would have version 0.2 firewall & password protect built in?  Like an upgrade to the OS on our gateway.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 08:21:33 PM by jem6502 » Logged
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 09:51:41 PM »

No, sorry I ran out of ideas when I defined the kernel so I hard coded it to 0.1   drunk
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 09:53:39 PM by siremi » Logged

Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 10:00:55 PM »

In the running programmings list, I've noticed version 0.1 is listed for most kernel processes like Upload, delete file etc.

At some point will we have kernel upgrades?  It would be kind of neat to have an increased Upload or Download that does some compression on the fly, reducing total time etc.  Perhaps a verson 0.2 kernel would have version 0.2 firewall & password protect built in?  Like an upgrade to the OS on our gateway.

move to suggestions, maybe emi will approve an earlier suggestion........

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nagitof

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 07:46:20 AM »

Its weird how you mentsioned OS upgrade i was just about to start one of my big ideas on how it would be great to have but now that i kno you said something I won't. But you also mentsioned compression that I already started a topic on that. You should check out the "File compression and decompression" topic I started.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: