The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 29, 2024, 06:17:28 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being illegal doesn't make it wrong."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Print
Author Topic: Action Points - major update  (Read 46904 times)
sovietpride

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2008, 07:30:55 AM »

Petition to get rid of AP:

- Hatejacket
- Caesar
- Sovietpride
-
-
-
-
-
-

(p.s i predict two things will come out of this. 1, that those who dont use the forums wil be confused as hell, and b, that people who like the system will poitn and say most of the people here spend too much time on it anyway (aka, top rankers). *sighs*)

quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2008, 08:10:23 AM »

- Hatejacket
- Caesar
- Sovietpride
- Noseedam
-
-
-
-
-

i think this whole thing is stupid, and it doesn't balance the breaker, because if you pvp or do missions the virii users will always take the lead............

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
Magna Carta

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2008, 08:48:36 AM »

- Hatejacket
- Caesar
- Sovietpride
- Noseedam
- Magna Carta
-
-
-
-

For the reasons I presented above; in short, it will only harm the newer players, and doesn't correct the imbalances.

'I see no problems between us that could not be solved by your departure.' (Mark Twain)
Penza

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2008, 08:51:06 AM »

APs generally level the playing field, switching the balance away from those who spend all day, everyday online.  They make you use your brain to work out the best use of your time rather than reward those that sit in front of their monitors for 12 hours straight and consequently closes the gap between the higher echelon players and those back in the pack (which can only be a good thing for future competitiveness, in my opinion). 

I know of an extremely popular online game where the AP system is what actually makes it and the community that plays it so great and I see no reason why THP can't emulate it and go on to better things.

Having said all that, I do have a lot of sympathy for those players who went Gold before this switchover.  Such a dramatic alteration to a game should never just be dropped onto a community when money from paying customers is involved.  It's one of the main reasons why I never pay for and will continue never to pay for my online gaming.
DrJones

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2008, 09:16:28 AM »

- Hatejacket
- Caesar
- Sovietpride
- Noseedam
- Magna Carta
- DrJones
-
-
-
Caesar

View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2008, 09:25:37 AM »

@ Penza

That's not for all games, though.

Faith stops Disaster
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2008, 09:38:09 AM »

i pay for my games a maximum of once: and thats to get the CD or files that give me the game itself, i do not play games like eve and WoW because of this

and normally i play games like this and am one of the stronger players even with free account

and here i was thinking maybe i'd drop money on this............ nope! the game has gone from great, to a piece of ****ing ****

excuse me for saying so but AP DOESN'T WORK FOR THIS KIND OF GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the entire HP system conflicts with it! and AP system screws with entire realism of game!

we've made a LOT of suggestions concerning balance, and this was NOT one of the ones i've even seen, let alone liked!

Crlaozwyn

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2008, 09:56:08 AM »

sir emi, it seems like the people have spoken; just about every member who I've seen actively post on these forums already has, and of those I think only two agreed with the change.

The ball is in your court.
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2008, 10:07:03 AM »

sir emi, it seems like the people have spoken; just about every member who I've seen actively post on these forums already has, and of those I think only two agreed with the change.

The ball is in your court.

well spoken, and also true! if you expect us to enjoy the game, we need to be able to DO stuff, and limiting the number of actions we can take is really suckish

if you ever played mechquest, dragon fable, adventure quest, or any of those (i've had the misfortune to have at the recommendation of one of my friends) then you understand what makes the game so addictive in comparison to other games: YOU CAN ALWAYS DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!! WITHOUT WAITING MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF TIME INBETWEEN!!!!!!!!!!! (aka waiting for AP to fill up again)

Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2008, 10:22:54 AM »

AP's work very well for a few games (I play Pardus, it works very well there, and they did a pretty good job in Urban Dead if only they had more stuff to do on the higher end...) but I don't think it really fits this game.

I'm not going to sign the petition but I do think that AP's are not the answer to balance issues...

Caesar

View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2008, 10:34:40 AM »

I'm a VERY hard player to please, so it could actually be a compliment that i loved this game.

I take my compliment back for now.

Faith stops Disaster
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2008, 10:39:20 AM »

i like it the way it was better as well  10 10 10

Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2008, 11:13:35 AM »

As a side note, the AP system you have set up is very good for being not very limiting... I have yet to make a dent in my AP because of the length of processes anyway... but that might be just because I am still newer.  I can see that for people whose dedicated gateways look more like the true light public servers (in volume of processes) it could get pretty annoying... especially when all those AP hits go at the same time.

But I agree that the major problem with this update is how much is discourages the newer players (and not-so-newer players) from making a living nickel and dime-ing off the lower paying missions... it just isn't AP effective.

Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2008, 11:32:51 AM »

my big complaint was on the task complete on the PvP end, i can barely do anything to people if i'm trying to defend my own server, or trying to hurt someone else's, it's really making me mad! and this is going to probably cause a LOT of bugs.........

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2008, 12:05:36 PM »

Found another bug in the system.  If you do an action that takes points but can not complete you still pay the AP cost.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Print
Jump to: