The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 28, 2024, 08:40:18 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Don't be evil."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: some AP cost changes  (Read 19279 times)
HJ®
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2008, 06:57:51 PM »

Exactly, and I know I'm taking something away from Ebolla here, but I think it'd be a good idea to have a page simply listing a timeline with all of the updates for the game. Believe it or not, people, it's still a new game, there's still changes to be made.

I retract from an earlier post, this is still the same Hacker Project that captured the minds and time of everyone that is playing this game and reading this very post.
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2008, 06:59:36 PM »

well, things are more or less back to where they should be (AP is a bit overboard still >.>) and hopefully newbie will have a better chance

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2008, 07:04:00 PM »

File-Share 0.5 costs
10 + 15 + (16000 / 100) + ((.5-.1)*30) = 197 (Sorry Sir Emi but 187 is wrong you /fail )
You make 300 HPD for 250 BW

Adware 0.5 costs
10 + 15 + (500 / 100) + ((.5-.1) * 30) = 42
You make 15 HPD for 15 BW.
10 + 15 + (83330 / 100) + ((8.333-.1)*30)=1105.29
You make 249.99 HPD for 249.99 BW

The new system clearly favors File-share over Adware.   The original system already did before you added in VB.

You will find the calculations are based on EXACTLY what you gave us.

And Hatejacket.  If you look at the SGP forums I am already putting something like that together ;)

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Tiak

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2008, 07:07:54 PM »

180 AP to install a 0.5 file share virus?

Why do they even exist?

Aside from that with the size of them, it's more profitable to install more adware.
It takes 187 AP total to activate a File Share 0.5
Please don't spam with wrong calculations. Thank you.

A single adware that would take up the equivalent amount of bandwidth would cost 330 AP to install...

A bunch of 1.0 adwares that would take up nearly the same bandwidth (10 less) would cost 416 AP.

Both these adware solutions would make you significantly less money than the fileshare one, and would take less time to disinfect (assuming a high enough anti-adware version).

As such, there is very much a point to fileshares (less of one to adware tbh).
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 07:11:26 PM by Tiak » Logged
HJ®
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2008, 07:16:57 PM »

But capture at the same time places a bit more of an importance to adware, as newer players (And older players alike) will be less likely to capture adware as it costs more to capture than it does to install, am I correct?

Like siremi said, in the end, adware seems to be the way to go, so long as they were to survive (Not be disinfected/captured, which IMO will be 10x less likely to happen).

I'm starting to like this AP feature, so long as I'm correct, which as it seems I'm usually not :P

Dave math bad

I was good in school :( Lol
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2008, 07:19:53 PM »

But capture at the same time places a bit more of an importance to adware, as newer players (And older players alike) will be less likely to capture adware as it costs more to capture than it does to install, am I correct?

Like siremi said, in the end, adware seems to be the way to go, so long as they were to survive (Not be disinfected/captured, which IMO will be 10x less likely to happen).

I'm starting to like this AP feature, so long as I'm correct, which as it seems I'm usually not :P

Dave math bad

I was good in school :( Lol

Thing is disinfect is still overly cheap.  Right now the way to make cash is to disinfect Adware like made which I have been doing today.  I have made almost 20K hpd while watching 2 movies and doing little playing.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
HJ®
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2008, 07:26:37 PM »

well, you'll have to bite the bullet until you get that group of the 20% of virii that don't get disinfect missions against them. And when those get disinfected, it's time to wipe someone out :P
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2008, 07:40:10 PM »

10 + 15 + (16000 / 100) + ((.5-.1)*30) = 197 (Sorry Sir Emi but 187 is wrong you /fail )

I didn't added the upload costs, those are in a different place for me 1 You win  third

Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2008, 07:45:59 PM »

maybe upload/download cost nothing, and install cost more?

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2008, 10:27:53 PM »

File-Share 0.5 costs
You make 300 HPD for 250 BW

Adware 0.5 costs
10 + 15 + (500 / 100) + ((.5-.1) * 30) = 42
You make 15 HPD for 15 BW.
10 + 15 + (83330 / 100) + ((8.333-.1)*30)=1105.29
You make 249.99 HPD for 249.99 BW

The new system clearly favors File-share over Adware.   The original system already did before you added in VB.

You will find the calculations are based on EXACTLY what you gave us.

And Hatejacket.  If you look at the SGP forums I am already putting something like that together ;)
I made a slight error on the 249.99 BW adware
10 + 15 + (8333 / 100) + ((8.333-.1)*30)=355.32  which is still considerably higher than file-share of equal BW usage.

Mind you File-share gets a bonus to it's HPD generation.  Instead of a 1 for 1 it generates 1.1 for 1.  Basically File-Share .1 uses 50 BW and generates 60 HPD

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2008, 10:29:50 PM »

I didn't added the upload costs, those are in a different place for me 1 You win  third

Doh I came in 3rd for being the first to see that ;)  Of course No one posted my mistake but one of my group members pointed it out to me in chat.  :dunce:

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Theraze

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2008, 12:03:28 AM »

Is password cracking actually different? Seems to be 15 in both... or are these the only AP costs remaining now?

Definitely some good changes in terms of balancing things better in relation with making the game less painful for newbies. Still has some benefits for the older players, but not quite as painful anymore.
Crlaozwyn

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2008, 11:22:38 AM »

I agree that this is better for newer players, mainly because their virii will install cheaper than the older players' virii. On the other hand, this has made the ONLY viable source of guaranteed moneymaking disinfecting. Since the "God mode" of IP change really hasn't suffered at all as a result of this (the only way to catch someone is to have every IP already cracked and be watching the server as they start. Since they can change ip and password relatively cheaply, they'll be gone by the time you can start cracking them). I've followed the trails on freshly disinfecting files to 8 different, nonexistant IPs. This game may be more newbie friendly now, but if more advanced players are forced to play like newbies then what's the point? 80% of the virii we drop will be disinfected - the people who disinfect them will profit about 3x as much as we did for installing them, and at 1/5 of the AP cost. Where's the balance now? The only way for bigger players now to survive is to begin disinfecting their own virii the second they're installed. I'm sure that's EXACTLY the kind of game you had in mind when you started this up, Sir Emi. This game is rapidly changing from a semi-realistic hacking game into a generic themed php game.

EDIT:
Oh yes, and it goes without saying that if the bigger players start disinfecting their own virii, then the gap between bigger and smaller players will only increase. And since that's what we're forced to do with these new changes, that's exactly what's going to happen. Even if you set up something so that players couldn't disinfect their own virii (massively unrealistic), it wouldn't be difficult for an organized group to trade virus disinfects. AP may be better now, but the problem is deeper than just restricting how much people can play. If you want an even playing field, you're going to have to reset the game and change the mechanics (there's no way to hurt a gold player. We get our software back instantly. Damage our servers? No biggie; our viruses will get us the money in 2 hours).
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 11:34:57 AM by Crlaozwyn » Logged
gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2008, 03:03:04 PM »

why is it that changing your password on your own gateway cost's 30?

Hardt_Attack

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2008, 03:24:50 PM »

why is it that changing your password on your own gateway cost's 30?
So that you can't change your password over and over never giving someone a chance to hack you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to: