The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 11:05:25 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: data hijack  (Read 4096 times)
sovietpride

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2008, 08:33:50 AM »

IT says in teh manual:

Since the file is intercepted directly from the router and the communications are encrypted, the file will also be encrypted with a version equal to the intercepted software version

i interpret this as:

player Y has intercepted player X's file, version 0.25.  player Y therefore needs a decryptor valued at 0.25 or above inorder to use this file.

Am i correct? or does the program file have to be encrypted in the first place for the decryption part to take hold?

quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 11:41:32 AM »

player Y has intercepted player X's file, version 0.25.  player Y therefore needs a decryptor valued at 0.25 or above inorder to use this file.

Correct, a good hijacker needs good decryption software, as all the files you will hijack are encrypted, regardless of their original state.

BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

Scrixx123@hotmail.com ekam94 pet_shop123@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 06:04:39 AM »

Correct, a good hijacker needs good decryption software, as all the files you will hijack are encrypted, regardless of their original state.
Encrypted files cannot be used or moved without being decrypted?

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 11:28:17 AM »

Used no, moved yes.

BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

Scrixx123@hotmail.com ekam94 pet_shop123@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 08:21:41 PM »

Used no, moved yes.
Okay so if i encrypt a file ( example a virus ) and upload it to a victim, i'm still able to collect profits?

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 01:50:35 AM »

Okay so if i encrypt a file ( example a virus ) and upload it to a victim, i'm still able to collect profits?

If you upload the virus encrypted you have to use a decryptor before you can install it.
After installation you can encrypt it again, not that it serve any purpose since if it is installed it can't be used in any way...
Only an installed virus will bring in profits.

AriaSteelfire

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 12:07:50 PM »

Does the hijack program only intercept and copy programs of its level and lower, or does a version 0.1 data hijack virus grab all files uploaded to the server?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: