The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 27, 2024, 04:16:07 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Don't be evil."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: revamp!  (Read 4562 times)
Noseedam

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2008, 03:34:50 PM »

i have an idea! woohoo been a while............

anyway, idea is that you start out with basic system right, and we all know what an Operating System is right? (or OS as it's Also Known As XP)

so, maybe we can have different operating systems, these make programs take up less CPU/Memory, or are more bandwidth friendly.....

just an idea, and it would take time to research, and it could go back and forth between making things more powerful or more efficient

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 05:35:56 PM »

does no one think is good idea  10

Nagitof

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 07:38:58 PM »

Thats a great idea I have heard a couple about the OS. I to was going to but I though file compression would do the sort of the same thing. But ya it a great idea.

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 08:29:29 PM »

anyway, idea is that you start out with basic system right, and we all know what an Operating System is right? (or OS as it's Also Known As XP)

so, maybe we can have different operating systems, these make programs take up less CPU/Memory, or are more bandwidth friendly.....

just an idea, and it would take time to research, and it could go back and forth between making things more powerful or more efficient

OS is not known as XP.   /FAIL

OS can be Dos, Windows, Linux, Unix, System 400, MAC OS, etc.   I understand you are not that well versed in the ways of computers but don't think OS just means XP.  XP is an OS but a OS XP is not ;)

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Nagitof

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 08:49:39 PM »

I think you should calm down, Noseedam saying XP as an exsample of an OS might not be 100% correct but it is still understandable.

Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 09:32:06 PM »

OS can be Dos, Windows, Linux, Unix, System 400, MAC OS, etc.   I understand you are not that well versed in the ways of computers but don't think OS just means XP.  XP is an OS but a OS XP is not ;)

um know, i was saying XP as :P

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 02:24:36 AM »

um know, i was saying XP as :P

XP and :P are 2 totally different things.  Don't tell me you started your online experience with AOHell.  Please tell me you didn't  Cause if you did then I am going to have to play with your server ;)

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Vintermark

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 08:05:07 AM »

A chart of different OS setups. this could be the basic OS's and later on upgrading to better OS versions.

ConsoleX - Good use of CPU, Bad RAM usage, Normal BW usage
Nova2000 - Bad CPU usage, Good RAM Usage, Normal BW usage
Servus - Bad CPU Usage, Normal RAM usage, Good BW usage
Memox - Normal CPU usage, Good RAM usage, Bad BW usage

Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 11:14:53 AM »

um, no, 2qw talking about that i was using it as an emote................ 2

and cool ideas, maybe emi can set up different kinds of starting OS's fr our servers!!!!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: