The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 26, 2024, 02:17:29 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being legal doesn't make it right."
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Even out virii playing field  (Read 11737 times)
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2008, 10:52:13 AM »

I think the AV ap cost should scale with the virus level just like the install does, it only makes sense that it should be more work to uninstall a virus that took more work to install.

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2008, 03:38:26 PM »

I think the AV ap cost should scale with the virus level just like the install does, it only makes sense that it should be more work to uninstall a virus that took more work to install.

Ah you don't want that.  Just simply find a server you like.  Install 5 Virii on it.  Start disinfect on all 5.  Locate the missions for the 80% thing and kill the disinfect on the ones without missions.

Boom you have a win win scenario.   Why do you think SGP is no longer putting up gobs of Virii?  We are disinfecting them ourselves!

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2008, 04:15:11 PM »

Ah you don't want that.  Just simply find a server you like.  Install 5 Virii on it.  Start disinfect on all 5.  Locate the missions for the 80% thing and kill the disinfect on the ones without missions.

Boom you have a win win scenario.   Why do you think SGP is no longer putting up gobs of Virii?  We are disinfecting them ourselves!

Heh... too much work... how do you go through all those secret servers to find the missions for your own virus?

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2008, 04:16:09 PM »

Heh... too much work... how do you go through all those secret servers to find the missions for your own virus?

I will give you a hint.  Use Tabs

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
sovietpride

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2008, 04:22:38 PM »

lets not even consider the win-win scenario.

Let's assume i dont want to power game that much, to exploit a neccessary means to get ahead.

i just want to install my virii on my servers, and maintain them.

AT the current rate i can re-instate maybe 13 a day (awake), standard upload, install and hide considered at my level

Now, lets consider there is only ONE other person out there. AT current trend not only am i now making a ridiculious loss in ap/hpd ratio (as kindly stated before me) i am simply handing money over to him. In fact, the only way not to do this is the method stated by virus man.

Now multiply the problem several times over. As stated, it is far more profitable, and ap-efficent, to do dis-infect missions. And with that god-mode ip changer, it is efficent, effective and impossible to stop.

Or is the idea of the game now to go around in a repetative cycle? virii build up, mass virii dis-infection stage where every virii rots, then there are no more virii... except here the cycle ends because it just isnt profitable. Unless we start setting up our own servers to infect o_O

quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
Crlaozwyn

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2008, 05:12:09 PM »

I'm sure that's exactly what this game is supposed to be - I've got nearly 200K worth of disinfect missions queued up.

Hey Maw! Hey Paw! Ima gonna be rich!
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2008, 01:12:12 AM »

I'm sure that's exactly what this game is supposed to be - I've got nearly 200K worth of disinfect missions queued up.

Hey Maw! Hey Paw! Ima gonna be rich!

I am working on a way to even the odds out, you just keep disinfecting the virii that where installed without using AP before the implementation of the AP system, and then we could balance the disinfect process AP costs.

Crlaozwyn

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2008, 09:35:52 AM »

Here's the key problem, as I see it - every change implemented seems to make the game more restrictive and limits what you can do. For example, the AP change limited the best way to make money to disinfect missions. If you make disinfects cost more without rebalancing other parts of the game, all you've done is make that people can play less; in fact, I think some people may start playing so little that they stop altogether.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: