The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 01, 2024, 05:39:24 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Trust your technolust!"
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: purchased software should get cheaper  (Read 3659 times)
jem6502

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2008, 11:41:01 AM »

I think as higher versions of software become more common, the lower versions available from the anonymous software agent should get cheaper.
Nagitof

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 10:18:01 PM »

That make scents but realy you shouldn't be buying software. Just reseach the program. Its cheaper but it takes longer and requires CPU and RAM.

Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 12:43:14 AM »

i have never researched : protection, cracks, de/encryption software, log un/deleter, AV (of any kind) or i.p. cloak, or any Nmap stuff, and yet i'm in top 40, how is this???

and i don't EVER by stuff

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 01:03:55 AM »

I don't think rank means that much Noseedam, I'm top thirty and I started like last week...

I think that the software prices are pretty good the way they are.  As it stands you would only buy software if you have tons of money anyway... making the newer players go searching for their improved software makes for a bit more interesting game.  I know when I am sneaking around secret servers and I run across a log deleter or a password cracker that is a few researches worth higher than the one I already have, especially when it is many researches more than the one I already have, that is a pretty good feeling of accomplishment (especially when I can get it downloaded before someone deletes it)

Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 01:07:46 AM »

i'm also secret server prowler :P i wish we could order by firewall strength tho............ because the higher ones usually have better/more/less likely to be deleter stuff

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 03:31:18 PM »

Ranking is a useless way to gauge someone.  It is to easily abused to make yourself look tougher than you really are.

Problem with the Software store is the cost vs research.   If you research the software is cheaper.  If you buy it you get it right away but at a higher cost.

The only way to keep that balance would be to make research cheaper as well.  And then HPD will be nothing but toilet paper, not that it isn't close to that already ;)

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Nagitof

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 11:25:03 PM »

I do think research should be cheaper. Right now I do 100 hours of reseach to gain +.6 on the software, costing me 8000 HPD. But if I buy it it 15000 HPD yes thats a difference but it takes 100hours of running a twice. I think the reseach should be .004 more per hour of reseach.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: