The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 29, 2024, 03:55:48 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Trust your technolust!"
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: idea!  (Read 4416 times)
Noseedam

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2008, 12:32:47 AM »

since delete is faster, it's easier for people to lose programs, right??? so, in answer of the scream for balance (may it be never ending  14) maybe all deleted programs still take up a little bit of space, and ca be recovered???

there are similar programs in real life, and i believe that this could be useful, and would also inspire people to be more friendly............ (the groups sir emi! the groups! we need them ingame!)

and maybe we should also have deleters now, if this is to take place, but they are automatically 0.106 and are in your server from start

i would like to see whats said about this, and unfortunately is accepted or hits the road..........

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 12:34:33 AM »

Noseedam, I'm pretty sure it's just deletes of things you own that go faster. Also, if you want to avoid losing things, you should have to back them up, they shouldn't be recoverable. That's just my take, though.
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 12:35:58 AM »

this is a secondary options for people who don't want to lose their high lvl stuff............. and is also useful for recovering virii deleted on servers

Crlaozwyn

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 01:15:42 AM »

Well, it creates an interesting discussion at least... For example, I uploaded a .4 FS virus to a server, to realize it doesn't have enough bandwidth (doh!). It'd take 213 hours to delete it... yeah right. As program versions go up, it becomes more and more impossible to delete software, both your own and other peoples'. Solutions?
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 01:21:28 AM »

it's faster now, and deleter software (of course) could be the answer, along with the recovery software

Crlaozwyn

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 01:27:49 AM »

no nos - it isn't easier. I just posted that it'll take 213 hours, didn't I? It goes 10x faster ONLY for your delete processes on your own gateway. Everywhere else, it's the same speed. I don't know if there really is a solution to this actually. If delete is researchable, I'd research it to v10+ and then I could delete anyone's stuff almost instantly. it'd be a nightmare. On the other hand, delete lengths are out of hand on large files. Pretty much everything I have is 1 gig+... it takes forever to clear, even with 10x speed.

Also, instead of calling your threads "idea" or "revamp" - why not say what the topic is actually about? Like "Research Delete" or "I want gold features"
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 01:44:49 AM by Crlaozwyn » Logged
Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 01:54:28 AM »

um, no, and my original point was on file recovery, and there would be like a 5 minute minimum if i had my way.......

PlyPencil

156 colemansystems@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2008, 05:05:46 AM »

In real life deleted software still leaves an imprint on the disk. I have a 100mb image, if I delete it something like 15mb is still being used by the imprint, after around 24 hours when my system has found files to overwrite that imprint the file can no longer be recovered.

SO there is a point to File Recovery software to be implemented, the higher level the recovery program the longer a file can be deleted for before it becoming unreadable. Also throw in a chance for a failier.

'Recovery Process failed, imprint of file #666 has been lost' - Chance for error
'Recovery Process started on file #666' - erm......well someone starts it perhaps???
'Recovery Process has been interupted' - Someone kills the process
'Recovery Process cannot find the checksum of file #666' - Been deleted for too long.

Humans make mistakes, that's why they put erasers on the end of pencils.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: