The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 25, 2024, 08:01:29 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being legal doesn't make it right."
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Keys To HP Success: The Official Topic  (Read 8423 times)
HJ®
« on: August 03, 2008, 05:32:55 PM »

Anyone can post simple jot note ideas or techniques they use, and if acceptable, I'll add them to the first post. ANYTHING that will help anyone's gameplay at all, hopefully they can learn it here. If you are simply looking for quick tips you will never have to look past the first post. Every tip should be added in some way or another.

Note to Newbies: If one of these keys (Tips) doesn't make sense to you, simply ask and I will explain each one in such a way that a 2 year old can understand it. No offence!

If any of these keys need to be revised, please, revise it for me and I'll simply replace it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Read the Game Guide

- Check the forums frequently for ongoing activity

- Check the forums frequently for updates posted by Siremi

- Ask questions in the forums, you won't get hacked for asking a question!

- Vote every day, and ensure that you vote for HPD/AP Bonuses
- Thanks to Neo Alpha

- Keep your Firewall Protect and Password Protect running as much as you can/at all times.

- Delete (or modify) any remote logs which can trace back to ANY IP (Including your own) that you do not want visible.

- Researching, no matter the file/duration costs 100HPD per hour, and the file gains 0.006 in software version per hour.

- You can go to the 'Software' page, click 'purchase software' followed by "Best in HP" to keep track of the highest version software in the game.

- You can run multiple instances of research programs in order to maximize your research effort.

- Some players mask themselves as Mega-Corporation servers with their server name. Real public servers have a "Bulletin Board" feature. Make sure to check for this if you are unsure.  - Thanks to Neo Alpha

- Virii require bandwidth to be used in just about any way.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 10:19:49 PM by Hatejacket » Logged
neo alpha

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 05:34:58 PM »

- In the first game days , ALWAY vote ( vote everyday ) to get some extra HPD for buying hardware

( sorry for my bad grammar )

Add
to MSN
Witcher

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 03:59:24 AM »

- You can run multiple instances of research programs in order to maximize your research effort.

This sounds interesting but I am not entirely sure what it means...  21 what does really happen when you run multiple instance of research programs? (And what exactly are multiple instance of research programs for that matter - does it have to be research on the exact same file or research on the same general program type i.e. multiple research of firewalls or multiple research on program "goofy firewall")

coffee1
HJ®
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 04:07:30 AM »

What that means is, say for example you start 2 instances (processes) of research for your a program that costs 500CPU and 32MB to Run.

If you have the hardware available, you can start research on the same program twice. This maximizes the time it takes to complete research (You can start 2 50h researches - for a total of 100h of research that can be completed in only 50h).

Prime Example: Why research one program in one process (say for 500 hours), when I can run 5 research processes at 100h of the same program at the same time. This completes 500h of research in 100h, therefore maximizing your research effort.

You do not need to wait for the first research to finish. For the same hardware cost you can simply start research on the same programs at the same time, as many as you want. You don't have to research one at a time.

I've probably explained it about 4 different ways.
neo alpha

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 10:43:46 AM »

- Always Delete/modify your log
- DON'T research/buy software... Make your hardware good and download from NPC's OR ask to a friend
- Try to NOT use virii catcher in NPC servers , as the clans don't like virii catchers
- Some players make their names like NPC server names ; to see if it is a player or NPC , search for the " bulletin board " button ; every NPC have a " bulletin board " button
- Try to not make Disinfect missions , as the owner of the virii won't be happy that you disinfected his virus :P
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 10:45:53 AM by neo alpha » Logged

Add
to MSN
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 11:18:20 AM »

or doing a research for 156 hours 265 times?

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Witcher

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 02:29:54 PM »

What that means is, say for example you start 2 instances (processes) of research for your a program that costs 500CPU and 32MB to Run.

Ok I still don't entirely understand this - so I will give you a practical example.  2

I have a special log undeleter v. 0.3

I set it to research say for 50 hours.

Halfway through I find a special log undeleter v. 0.5 which I joyfully download to my server.

I set that to research for 50 hours too.

Now I expect 50 hours of research to increase by 0.3 the level of my program so...

At the end what do I get?

a) One log undeleter v 0.9 (the *first* program + 2 x 50 hours of research - little waste of cash)
b) One log undeleter v 1.1 (the *second* program + 2 x 50 hours of research - best outcome, this would make me happy!!!)
c) Two log undeleters, v 0.6 and v 0.8 (research distributed evenly across both programs - big waste of cash!)

See my problem? Both are nominally "special log undeleters" both can be researched at once but I am uncertain of the results (btw - though the numbers are off something similar is happening to me, not sure if I should just kill the first research or continue with both or what)

coffee1
Moen Co.

F5!

ragewithmycheese
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 03:08:35 PM »

You would get c. This is because the research was done on two seperate files.

This is an example of using the multiple research method.

It is 12:00 pm (noon).
Say you have a .1 file share virus. You run it for 10 hours, which would result in a .16 file share virus.

It is 3:00 pm
Three hours later, you decide you need a .2 or better file share virus, so you start another 7 hours of research on the file before the first research process is done.

It is 10:00 pm
At the end of 10 total hours, you find both research processes are done. If you press complete on both of them in any order, you wind up with a .202 file share virus.

You have now done 17 total hours of research in only 10.

Retired. Best Finish: #4 (Should've been #3)
neo alpha

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 03:36:17 PM »

The easyer explanation :

Every time you research a file , it adds v0.006 p/ hour to a file ;
There are tabs in the files these are:
File ID / Name / Version / Size

It adds for the file ID

for example ;
i have two log deleters v0.1
1010 / Log Deleter / 0.1 / some mb's
1011 / Log Deleter / 0.1 / some mb's

If i tell the PC to research 2 times the first one ; it will receive all the research ; not the second

( It will research file 1010 ; no " log deleter " )

Add
to MSN
HJ®
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 04:09:58 PM »

Okay, you have file #555, Password Break.

It costs the same amount of resources (CPU, Memory) to run any program as it does to research it.

Say #555 Password Break takes 500 CPU and 50MB Ram to run (These are fake numbers, too lazy to calculate),

You think about starting research to increase the software 1.0, which takes 166.66^ hours. You really want to crack this secret server you just got, and 166 hours just won't cut it.

You start a research program on the password break, for 80 hours. This costs 500 CPU and 50MB Ram.

You start a second research program on the pw break, for another 80 hours. This costs ANOTHER 500 CPU and 50MB Ram, just like running anything else on your gateway.

You then start a third research for 7 hours, costing another 500CPU and 50MB Ram.

So, instead of waiting 167 hours to get a 1.0 increase, you can use more CPU and RAM to get the job done faster.

In this example, the research time is cut nearly in half.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Say you want to put 500 hours of research on a program. Instead of waiting the 500 hours, you can start the same research over and over and over again, and so long as the hours total 500, it will eventually reach there.

You could do...

10 research processes at 50 hours each
20 at 25 each

etc etc.
Witcher

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2008, 05:52:54 PM »

Okies thanks it's all clear now!  12

coffee1
HJ®
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2008, 07:58:12 AM »

Giving this a bump: Newer players need the help it brings, I need the help of the older players to make this an epic topic.
neo alpha

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2008, 05:15:49 PM »

If you want to live by uploading virii , use your money to increase bandwidth
If you want to live by doing missions , increase your CPU

Add
to MSN
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2008, 07:27:15 PM »

what's to stop you from making 50-500 1 hour researches?  confused2
Crlaozwyn

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2008, 07:29:12 PM »

The fact that each research costs 30AP should shut down your idea pretty quickly... That, and how many servers do you know that can run 500 research projects simultaneously?
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: