The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 26, 2024, 02:31:42 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever."
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Collect requests patch  (Read 15847 times)
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: August 07, 2008, 12:30:23 AM »

To prevent automation / abuse:

- For each 100 collect requests your collect time increases by 0.1 hours.

It gets harder to collect the more collect requests are issued.

We've had some trouble with macros / automated scripts. I know who you are  laugh

nolkillerklowns

Nol_Killer_klowns@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 01:18:25 AM »

what about those that have more than 100 virus'? that would mean every time that they collect the time goes up.
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 01:27:49 AM »

We've had some trouble with macros / automated scripts. I know who you are  laugh

Awesome hope you will do something to those using scripts.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 01:30:30 AM »

Just a question.  Does Collect All count as 1 collect request?  If not then this is not due to "macros / automated scripts" but due to certain SGP members who have well over 100 virii installed at this point.  Meaning this is a another patch caused by SGP being on top. ;)

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
RavenXP

rgongora2002@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 01:39:04 AM »

Meaning this is a another patch caused by SGP being on top. ;)

Does it have to be because of SGP all the time?  laugh

@seremi, why don't you just block the player who's using automated scripts?
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 01:40:57 AM »

Well I just checked.  It counts EACH virus as a Collection Request.  So yes this is another thing against SGP since SGP has the majority of the virii income in the game.

And I am not even the biggest Virii user in the group ;)  2 others actually have me stomped big time.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Crlaozwyn

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 01:43:57 AM »

I have a decent amount of virii installed. I can now collect ONCE per day without getting my income demolished by this new patch. I don't abuse scripts and I don't use macros. Macros/scripts could also be stopped by making collect all count as one instead of however many virii you have. As it is, I now have even less reason to log into this game. I understand that you're trying to avoid abuse of the game (if people set up a script to automatically download every 6 minutes or something), but people who play the game honestly are being hurt by it as well... I hate to be paranoid, but looking at the recent changelog, I'm almost tempted to think that's the reason it's been set the way it is.

If you want SGP members (and anyone else who actually is calculating and knows how to play) to quit, you should just say so. If people are abusing scripts, ban them (or give them a warning, then ban) - please don't give me one more reason to leave, unless that's your underlying goal.
Master Shake

Icarus Code Grinder

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 01:45:36 AM »

What about people like me that have Spyware on top of their Adware? It takes twice as many Requests to collect the same HPD.

I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
Crlaozwyn

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 01:52:03 AM »

Alright, before I really fly off the handle, can we get some more clarification emi? What do you mean by collection time?

Example:

Say I have 100 virii. I collect all. Is a or b true?
a) I now have to wait a minimum of 6 minutes before collecting again. The next time I collect, I'll have to wait 12 minutes.
b) My virii now generate 6 minutes less of income per hour/day/whatevertime.
Master Shake

Icarus Code Grinder

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 02:18:31 AM »

I have to agree *winces* with SGP on this one. While I find cheating a pathetic way to stroke your own ego, carpet bombing the playerbase with something that can be considered a MAJOR setback may be a poor solution. I personally would like to have seen something more along the lines of a collection timer (i.e. You can collect every hour,x minutes,etc.),rather than base it off of # of virii. Even new players have a few off of VB,and while it may not be "groundbreaking" to them-They are also affected by this limitation.
 As fo me,I only have 31 virii,and have hit "Collect All" twice. Im up to 62 requests-that means I can "Collect All" once more and be up to 93 requests-But wait!-Its been intercepted by my own SPyware! So do I wait longer to get my profits,or spend AP to get rid of my own virii?

"There's a man selling guns in Starbucks! Your orders,Captain?"
 "Call in an airstrike,we take out the whole block."

I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2008, 02:43:54 AM »

Ok from some insider info I found out the real reason for this change.

There is a bug in the rounding with regards to the collect times on Virii.  I won't go into specifics on it but it is partially because of this bug that this change was implemented.  However the bug itself was not fixed so it is still possible to abuse it.  Just not as often as before.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
HJ®
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2008, 05:03:35 AM »

Yay, another reason to have even less playtime in HP.........................................

Also, there is already a bug with this.

"You must wait 0.32 hours before collecting"

So I collect when the software says 0.3 (How the hell am I supposed to know when 0.32 is?)

It takes into account the collections, adds them to your collect total, RESTARTS YOUR VIRII COUNTERS, and doesn't give HPD.

Yay. You win, Siremi. For some reason, you want us to play less/quit. It's starting to work on me.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 05:23:53 AM by Hatejacket » Logged
letsgo2u

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2008, 05:25:24 AM »

it even counts the requested for marked viriis!
HJ®
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2008, 05:29:57 AM »

it even counts the requested for marked viriis!

Wooooonderful. Now we have less reason to use Spyware (If any at all now), Malware, Sniffers, just about any virii that could be marked/is useless upon collecting when you dont need to
nolkillerklowns

Nol_Killer_klowns@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2008, 05:35:59 AM »

I would also have to agree with sgp on this. this patch sir emi does nothing but hurt the player base more so than the scripters. now if a person has over 50 virus' they can only collect once a day. So why not make it where a person can only collect x amount of times a day. this would stop the scripting, it would be based off of how many virus' you have and would not hurt the player base as badly. as it stand i dont use virus' as much as others in my group and i can only collect around 4 times a day.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to: