The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 29, 2024, 04:51:51 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever."
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Collect requests patch  (Read 15758 times)
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2008, 01:32:11 AM »

I don't think it is really game-breaking though... although I don't like to hear that my marked virii are being counted here...

marked are not counted.

Witcher

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2008, 09:55:22 AM »

Ok so I have been working with this, I have a moderate amount of virii out there (around 50) so I admit happily that I am a bit small for this to be a major issue but I do have a couple of suggestions which would help players work with this better:

1) Would it be possible to have a counter which told you how much cash you could expect to collect if you collected all your virii? Of course this would be an approximation as some profits might have been nabbed by spyware or something but it would be really useful to know because sometimes I simply need enough cash, say for a hardware upgrade, to complete a research or for an emergency IP change. At times like that if I fall short it does get a bit frustrating having to wait longer than needed to get the cash in. (i.e. having to wait maybe 18 minutes when it only takes 6 minutes to generate the cash). At my level not a huge issue but I do see how it could become one.

2) Would it be possible to have an option to collect "adware" and to collect "file share" separately please? I am aware that the exact details of the situation would vary from player to player, but having this distinction would allow you the ability to rapidly distinguish between two sources of income if you needed a bit of cash quickly. The "ideal" option would be to allow players to define virii collection groups, though I am aware this can be cumbersome to implement/use.

Oh a final thing as this is really a suggestion should it stay here (as it is related to this topic) or be put in the suggestions board?

coffee1
Krieger

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2008, 01:29:08 PM »

I don't think it is really game-breaking though... although I don't like to hear that my marked virii are being counted here...

marked are not counted.
Not counted, but if it's still marked when you "collect" the virii (only the marked one), it count and don't give you any HPD.

HJ®
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2008, 05:55:45 PM »

marked are not counted.

Oh really?

You have made 545 collect requests today. You can collect profits every 0.55 hours. For each 100 requests your collect time increases by 0.1 hours. 

Collect         UnMark
   ***.***.***.***    **266    Adware Spam Daemon    Basic Adware Spam Daemon    0.1    4.09

Collecting profits...

Basic Adware Spam Daemon V 0.1 running on ***.***.***.*** is marked and has been skipped...

You have made 546 collect requests today. You can collect profits every 0.55 hours. For each 100 requests your collect time increases by 0.1 hours

So, what else is there?
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to: