The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 01, 2024, 05:56:29 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being legal doesn't make it right."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: IP reset getting more expensive as you use it more often.  (Read 3264 times)
Player

View Profile
« on: August 08, 2008, 12:36:38 AM »

At the current price of 1k HPD / hour, it is clearly possible to keep resetting your ip every hour. That leads to impossible to trace IPs, or the so called God Mode.

I think it would be fair that IP reset get more expensive as you use it more often. For example, the first time you use it would cost 1k, second time costs 10k, third time costs 100k , and so on. But, the price would reset, or decrease in price, after a set amount of time so it doesnt become godly expensive after a few resets.

I think decrease price by 1 level per week is a good start.
So if your IP reset price is 100000k, after the weekly reset point, the price would go back to 10000k.

Doomsday is Coming! Run for It!
gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 01:15:30 AM »

I think it is a little bit ridiculous for the price, some of us lowbies like to do an ip change and can barely get 1k to do the ip change to make it so that people no longer are hacking us frequently, or using us as proxies.

ivandrago
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 02:47:23 AM »

IP change is also limited by AP cost.

300 AP for each IP change ..... that's a maximum of 4 ip changes every day and then there's nothing else to do because you don't have any AP left.
Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 03:37:27 AM »

Your calculations seem a little inaccurate;
3000 (start AP) / 300 (IP change) = 10
But now the AP also regenerates each minute which leads to more AP that can be used.
60 (AP/h) * 24 (h/day) = 1440 (AP/day)
1440 / 300 = 4,8
You can change IP 4 times if you use only the regenerated AP but still you got the base on 3000 which can be used for another 10 changes.
And if you use only the regenerated AP you still got 80% of 300 which is 240 which you could use.

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 09:38:45 AM »

Your calculations seem a little inaccurate;
3000 (start AP) / 300 (IP change) = 10
But now the AP also regenerates each minute which leads to more AP that can be used.
60 (AP/h) * 24 (h/day) = 1440 (AP/day)
1440 / 300 = 4,8
You can change IP 4 times if you use only the regenerated AP but still you got the base on 3000 which can be used for another 10 changes.
And if you use only the regenerated AP you still got 80% of 300 which is 240 which you could use.

You can't really count on the Start AP.  After all that was given so that you could do stuff when you first start the game.  You can only count on the 1440 AP regen per day.  Anything else is not really smart to "count on".

Seriously though with regards to IP Change.  Just read the SGP forums for the currently allowed abusable features in the game.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
ZacQuicksilver

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 10:28:26 AM »

I manage to keep above 2000 AP most of the time: that's 6 IP changes in an emergency.

Perhaps increase the cost by 1000HPD and 300AP each time you change your IP, with it removing one IP change worth of cost increase every week. This would make it possible to do several IP changes in a hurry, but it would get prohibitive soon.

I hack games, not computers, in my life.

I'm NOT SGP, no matter how much I support them on the forums.

Pardus.at. Let me know if you play.
Player

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 05:28:25 PM »

My number might be off for quite a bit, but the point still stands - even 1 IP change per day leaves you vitually invincible, let alone that you can do 4 in a day.

See, once you get a decent pc, you can abuse the IP change. For example, you can start your day with an IP change, start 20 missions, finish the IP change, then collect profits from the missions next day. Theres minimal risk involved.

If everyone started doing that, the game would become boring very soon - just a matter of fact who can click faster... You cant track anyone, and no one can track you.

Numbers are up to discussion, but the goal should be making IP change a funcion only to be used when you have no other options, not something to be used commonly.

Doomsday is Coming! Run for It!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: