The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 28, 2024, 09:09:17 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Project NEWBIE HELP  (Read 8734 times)
J.GreenThumb

View Profile Email
« on: August 16, 2008, 05:45:30 PM »

Greetings HP Users,

AiR is starting a project to help newbie. Our goal is to disinfect ALL public servers. The reason is that too many HLP's (High Level Players) are installing 5-10 .2 Virii and Spyware and destroying the public servers. If we disinfect all Virii and I am willing to monitor all of them to make sure no Spyware gets on it.

We have some major players that fly solo helping. We hope to sign an agreement with all involved that promise they will not install any Virii on public servers ESPECIALLY SPYWARE. MALWARE, and SNIFFERS and FILESHARES. Higher Level Players can use the secrets 1

If you are interested please PM me.

Thanks,
Jake

Ebolla>   Ebolla: No problem. Replied
   <JGreenThumb>   Ebolla: You Ebolla:'ed :P
gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 10:01:51 PM »

so you are helping newbies by makeing sure that there are no virii on the public servers so that they can not make money off of infecting the public servers? how does that make sense?

J.GreenThumb

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 10:08:23 PM »

No, we do one sweep and disinfect all the virii. Then I will monitor the servers... I will make sure that no fileshares or anything but adware are uploaded.

Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 03:20:02 AM »

And if the newbis become good enough. Disinfecting them? And higherplayers can infect the public servers as well. They could use normal adware to do it.

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
J.GreenThumb

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 08:53:12 AM »

I am hoping to get High Level Players to agree not to infect public servers. Once the newbies get stronger they can move onto secrets.

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 11:25:25 AM »

SGP doesn't bother with public servers to my knowledge.  We have pretty much always left them alone for the new players with the exception of the Bombs.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Witcher

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2008, 04:58:52 PM »

uh...

Actually by disinfecting all this stuff you might kill the hen which lays the golden eggs for newbies... (e.g. disinfect missions) do you realise that?

coffee1
Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 03:19:09 AM »

Perhaps you should only dissinfect adware higher then 0.2. The newbies arent newbies if they have higher AVs.

gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 04:19:58 AM »

this was only for public servers right? no virii above .2 can be on them anyways..

Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2008, 04:45:09 AM »

They cant? I must had missed that update. I thought there was no limit.

Witcher

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2008, 04:59:11 AM »

You can upload a virii higher than v0.2 but you cannot activate it in a public server.

Yes - you missed the update.

I am still not convinced of the value of this idea to newbies.

coffee1
HJ®
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2008, 12:36:38 AM »

I'm not convinced of the value of this idea at all.

And why should the Higher Level Players sign a deal proposed by a Lower Level Player?
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2008, 02:59:45 AM »

I would be willing to support an initial cleaning of the public servers.  But beyond that the new players have to learn the Virii aspect of the game and coddling them will NOT serve that purpose IMHO.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 10:18:51 AM »

Yeah, I'm with v-man on this one. I mean, yes, they're going to have a rougher time climbing up than we did when there was nobody above us, but then again, it's not as if we're keeping one foot on their necks. Also, they're already being protected more than we were. Noob protection ought to allow enough time to learn from your mistakes, so why not let them muck up public servers? Hey, if they become an active battleground, that would be even better for the learning process.
Crlaozwyn

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2008, 12:40:52 PM »

I agree with most of what you said Raistlin but, if you look at the ID numbers, you'll see that I started significantly after you and still managed to come out on top. There were people both above and below me, but (at least imo) I played intelligently and so I grew faster than most people. Could a new player take the #1 spot? Yeah, I think they could. It'd take a while, and they'd have to play smart... So I agree that a clean sweep of pubs would be nice (that way the active low players have a chance, and the inactive's virii get wiped), but beyond that, we aren't helping them by giving handouts.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: