The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 18, 2024, 10:03:27 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Trust your technolust!"
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Print
Author Topic: Guide update - Revelation Day  (Read 78953 times)
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 27, 2008, 10:49:15 AM »

That was a really good post  17
Can't wait to see some 'massive updates'
Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 27, 2008, 12:57:33 PM »

Nothing Ive said can compete to what Crl just said. I can just add that I personally dont like neither the AP system nor the reset but if youve done like Crl said and listened (and responded) to us its possible that youd made me look forward to the update.
As it is now I can only be dissapointed since you dont have your customers wishes in front you. You try to do whats good for the customers and not what we want. There is a different between those;
The things that are good for the game might attract players in the future but youll lose those who have something to compare with.
The things we want would put this game to a level we enjoy and since we are the most experienced players we can compare all updates with how it was before the update. If we dont want the update you can ask us what we would like to change to make it a good update.
Heres a quote from Crl;
Your job in business is to please your customers and keep them interested in your product.

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
ZacQuicksilver

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 27, 2008, 02:37:38 PM »

Crlaozwyn said the most important thing:

Make us FEEL listened to.

One of the things we do in a conversation is to make noises like "m, hm" or "ok", that make it sound like we are listening to the other person. As somebody who doesn't pick up social cues easily, it's something I've noticed because I have had to learn: other similar things include eye contact, and facing the person.

And trust me, if the other person acts completely disinterested, I don't care how passionate you are, you will lose interest, if not in the topic, than in them.

I hack games, not computers, in my life.

I'm NOT SGP, no matter how much I support them on the forums.

Pardus.at. Let me know if you play.
Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 27, 2008, 02:43:26 PM »

You have a big point there. I should have brought it up. However nothing we write can make Emi to listen if he allready isnt and we get the expression of that he doesnt. What happens if we get tired before Emi actually does something to show us that hes listen on us?

ZacQuicksilver

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 27, 2008, 02:47:28 PM »

We'll see, won't we. Right now, I don't have any sure answers.

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: August 27, 2008, 03:34:30 PM »

Sir Emi does listen at times.  But if he doesn't like the ideas he does have a tendancy to just not pay much attention.

For examples of when he has listened I point to the Task List where one of my suggestions was misinterpeted and when I corrected it he understood and updated it.

So yes he does listen at times.   But in general he makes it seem like he does not listen to the player base.

Sir Emi, I hope you take this as constructive criticism.   Always respond to our concerns.  If you feel we are coming down on you then paraphrase the post and try to figure out what our fustration is really directed at.  It is a tactic from Verbal Judo that is designed to show the person that you are in fact listening and trying to get to the root of the problem.

Now I understand that this is not your only game that you deal with.  But as it is your NEWEST game it will require the most attention until things are running smoothly and there are only minor changes that need to be made from time to time.

I really enjoy this game even though a lot of what you are doing infuriates me.  But I am just that way.  I play Shadowrun all the time even though I get my butt kicked constantly and get pissed off.   It makes me want to adapt and overcome to become a better player.

Many of the changes you have made have been smoothed out to actually be good changes.  Like I suggested before, if you want to make a MAJOR change then bring it to the player base and see what needs to be changed so that it is effective on all levels in the playing field.

And always avoid comments such as your invulnerability comment.   After all it is due to that particular comment that SGP has the defenses it has now.  Just to prove the broken system is broken.

You seem like a great guy Sir Emi and when I communicate with you one on one you do seem to listen as with the Greasemonkey Project that is now underway.   But when it comes to the forums you do not seem to be as willing to listen and that is where it is most important as that is where EVERYONE sees what kind of person you are.

I know it can be difficult and I know that SGP is a major thorn right now.   But understand we push the envelope to show you how broken something is.  Not to make your life hard.  That is not our goal nor desire.   And with this "reset" on the main server which goes against your earlier comments I can promise that SGP will be at the top each reset for as long as I am willing to put in the effort to organize things.  Not to be a thorn in your side but because if you do go through with this "reset" then you are breaking your word to the community.

Heck turn this server into your Test server and create the round based worlds seperately.  That way you can have the players who push the envelope testing out your changes before you implement them on the round based worlds.  Heck if you did that I would even be willing to create a SGP group on a round based server just to help out with teaching new things to the players.

In closing I just want to say one line that has stuck with me for a long long time.   Help us help you.

Ebolla

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #111 on: August 27, 2008, 04:02:50 PM »

I do listen to everybody and then decide what's best for the game.

I am very sorry if some feel bad about the update, but we'll just have to wait and see what happens after the update.

If the game works better with rounds we'll keep them and maybe add a new persistent server later, or maybe add a new server before Revelation Day where you could transfer your account and continue to play there if you don't wish to reset...

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: August 27, 2008, 05:03:33 PM »

I am very sorry if some feel bad about the update, but we'll just have to wait and see what happens after the update.

If the game works better with rounds we'll keep them and maybe add a new persistent server later, or maybe add a new server before Revelation Day where you could transfer your account and continue to play there if you don't wish to reset...

Wouldn't it just be easier to create the 2nd world now and do the rounds on it?  I don't really want to have to reset especially since a reset means all the money I donated has gone to waste.  I am on a limited income personally and when I donate money it means a lot.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
ZacQuicksilver

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 27, 2008, 05:04:16 PM »

This gives me hope. A few things though:

1) Don't do what's best for the game. Do what's best for the players: the game will follow.
2) Definitely add the persistent server first, and allow anyone to clone an account onto it, if they don't have one there already. I suspect that would do a lot towards having us believe you about listening. Also, it would allow people who do well one round to have their work go towards the endless hack.
3) You don't need to post everywhere: Baldur and Bladefist of Pardus specifically don't post anywhere. However, they do promise to read the Feature Request section, and enough of the new features they have added are in line with what has been suggested that we feel they listen to us.

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: August 27, 2008, 06:25:34 PM »

SGP's Statement of intent

This has nothing to do with Sir Emi but has more to do with the story and feeding more into the story.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Sirrobert

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 27, 2008, 06:34:10 PM »

Verbal Judo..
Never heard of that one before, but its a verry good name for such a thing (I do normal Judo, have a black belt, so I know what Judo means)

SirEmi:
That is a perfect move in my eyes (but mabey it would be easier to ad a server that had rounds?)
It makes people feel you listen to them and do whant, while you stil get what you want cheer
rokalth

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 27, 2008, 08:16:12 PM »

Okay, at first please do not speak as a voice of all players. Speak only for yourself.

Secondly, i am sure you all players think you know what should be done for the game. I am sure that all of us want's to be heard.

However, After all hopes,wishes and ideas are suggested the creator has the last word, the final. After that, all complaints are terrorizing the game developement and there is actually no other choice that accept the truth and continue playing or accept the truth and create your own game. Peace.
ZacQuicksilver

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 27, 2008, 10:14:29 PM »

Okay, at first please do not speak as a voice of all players. Speak only for yourself.

Secondly, i am sure you all players think you know what should be done for the game. I am sure that all of us want's to be heard.

However, After all hopes,wishes and ideas are suggested the creator has the last word, the final. After that, all complaints are terrorizing the game developement and there is actually no other choice that accept the truth and continue playing or accept the truth and create your own game. Peace.

I have made my own games.

And what I have learned is that games need people to play them. Thus, if one wants one's game to be any good, one must listen to their players, or play alone.

I personally have my own in-game terrorist who takes great joy in breaking every game I make. I make sure to run every idea I have past said person, and let him rip on the idea. It's saved me more than once.

Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 28, 2008, 10:14:34 AM »

Ive noticed most of the players who have posted constructive criticism have about the same ideas;
Do whats best for the players since they are the best for the game.
Make us believe that you are listening to us.
Dont say things that contradicts other said things. (There will not be a reset on this server/This updates enables a reset function.)

Heres a list of things making us happy;
Discuss your major updates with us so we can feel that we are participating not in only the gameplay but also in the creation of this game.
Reply a little now and then to make a good inpression. It dont necessary allways have to be in FAQ/Sugg./Updates. We want to hear your voice.
And when not implenting updates please tell us why you decided to do that.

And one final thing which Ive talked a lot about. You cant really talk to much about it because it is so important.
You maybe listens. And thats the point. I cant tell for sure that you actually are listening.

And please take an evening and look through this thread and actually read the posts. Your replies almost screams out that you only listen to the most recent post and replies to that even though its not allways including constructive criticis.
And to make sure if you are reading all posts I would like you to quote me and reply to this specific post so we all can know if you are listening to us. If you dont qoute this I will assume that youre not listening to us.
Now lets hope that someone replies before Emi wakes up.

human

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 28, 2008, 10:23:20 AM »

Going on topic, I think requiring the double CPU to disinfect than install is too much.

EoD's forums

~~ Human ~~ EoD Co-Leader
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Print
Jump to: