The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 28, 2024, 09:05:29 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Local network data transfer.  (Read 3296 times)
Nagitof

View Profile
« on: September 24, 2008, 05:08:51 PM »

In real life, most poeple have a local network. When you turn on your computer it ussualy says 54mps, 100mps, or for some 1gps. Some think that is there internet speed, but thats accualy there local network speed. For most high speed its between 512kps - 2mps. Some might have fiberoptics at 100mps internet, but thats very rare. So realy your connection to the computers that you have on the same local network is faster then to the internet.

What I'm suggesting is that there is a local network data transfer. It would be cheaper then bandwidth but can only transfer between the servers that you own. Each time you connect to a server that you own and upload or download some thing to or from it would be transfered through the local network. You can upgrade the speed of your local network just like bandwidth but the local network would be a lot cheaper. And the speed is not like it is right now, (kps per sever) hte speed of the network is in the network, meaning that it is a local network that has the transfer speed, not the server it self. So if are transfering between a number of owned servers, all transfers will effect all transfer.

Plus viriis CAN NOT us it for the required bandwidth. The viriis still need bandwidth. Also if you bounce through another server thats not yours then the transfer goes through your regular bandwidth.

I didnt explain it very well, so if you have a question then just ask.

termul

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 02:58:51 AM »

I like this idea, nothing more to add.  7
Exousia
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 03:01:52 PM »

Perhaps, because it is local, you pay like 500-1000 HPD for a 100 kbs local "intranet" hardware upgrade and this applies to ALL owned servers only, so the upgrade is stored separate from the server data, in account information. This starts at 0 kbs, though, so you need to purchase it or use net connections and internet. Since this number is stored separately, it would make it easy to program and use a flag which defaults at "connected local only" until you bounce or connect to a non-owned server, reset, of course, when you are disconnected. Also, because this number is stored separately, the existing coding wouldn't even look at it as far as virii BW needs.

Just some thoughts. I like the idea, though.
HJ®
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 03:09:56 PM »

This is another one of those suggestions that would likely survive in this type of game, but not this game.

It would lose the HP feel if this were implemented.

Still a good idea though.
Adramalech

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 03:23:23 PM »

(off topic) Yes, I'm rare with my fiberoptic 100Mb/s   12
Exousia
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 03:39:27 PM »

/drool
Nagitof

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 03:41:08 PM »

If your not confused with the local speed that I explained, then thats very cool.  7

Once again someone posted while i was typing.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: