The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 19, 2024, 10:46:26 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Trust your technolust!"
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Revelation?  (Read 18098 times)
Nagitof

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2008, 01:38:25 PM »

Is it just me cause I think the revelation idea is the worst idea ever. I like this game cause its not like the other games by Sir Emi. Like this just means that EVERYONE just WASTED their time by playing this game. Unless your the top players, every thing you have work so hard for will be restarted. I think that  many poeple will leave the game cause of it. This is Sir Emi's way of saying "I cant think of any way to improve the story of the game so I'l restart it. That will make poeple happy" Which it will not cause it is th WORST IDEA EVER. Even the explaination of how it works sound like its on crack.

DOWN WITH REVELATION!!!!!

If you agree with me then post here saying that you hate the idea.

Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 02:05:29 PM »

I will probably get to hear it from Emi about me supporting this thread but I do hate the idea.

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 09:51:19 PM »

You know how fire burns a field and the crops grow faster and better from the ashes? It's a widely used farming technique to fertilize the land. If you don't know what I'm talking about, check it out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slash-and-burn

That's how rounds are for a game, it's the best time to bring in new and big add-ons, updates and players with advertising.

It creates an even field that enhances competition on the new round, as everyone starts at the same time and the newbies get a chance to overcome the vets on equal terms.

The new round will also establish the new Top 10, as some may get lucky and strike fast, it's the best time to play when everyone fights against each other.

It's also very fun!  16

Thank you for you opinion  17

DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 11:04:19 PM »

Im not gonna mention anything else here, because it has already been said elsewhere in the forums, but i do think sir emi should update the starter harware, i mean 5 BW !!!, thats like....5 hours to dowload a 100.0mb virii, and then another 5 hours to upload it to each server, and thats only if you do it one at a time! Maybe something like 20/25 should be used instead, which would mean the new starters would have a choice of direction in their money-making adventure, upload/install virii...or do missions (delete obviously), because at the moment there is only one clear winner in that choice.  19

Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 08:44:37 AM »

You know how fire burns a field and the crops grow faster and better from the ashes? It's a widely used farming technique to fertilize the land. If you don't know what I'm talking about, check it out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slash-and-burn
To burn a field is good for the fertility but now were talking about real humans wanting to enjoy a good game. Especially since everyone was given the expression that this server would be persistant. If you want a field to burn start a new server and inform everyone about it so they dont feel betrayed.
Not that I expect an actual response to this post. Emi have a bad habit of only answering certain posts.

Caesar

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 09:16:20 AM »

Now you're not burning the crops but people.
I don't know for the others, but i don't like to be on fire.

Furtherly the smoke is rather unhealthy, it's the remains of the burned crops, where do they go? Into the air, far, far away.
So we get burned and then float away.

We get hurt and leave.

And i just found out i have something to lose too:

122      Caesar (#3913)     1     ONLINE     333.515

Faith stops Disaster
J.GreenThumb

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 09:18:17 AM »

Alright, call me crazy but I am siding with Sir Emi on this. Maybe we need one reset to kill the permanent high players and let everyone start over. I think bought HPD should be kept and gold status. But earned HPD should be reset. Go ahead with the insults but I am taking Sir Emi's side on this.

Ebolla>   Ebolla: No problem. Replied
   <JGreenThumb>   Ebolla: You Ebolla:'ed :P
Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 09:27:17 AM »

A reset would be good for the game but not for the players. Emi have said that a reset wouldnt occure and now this happens.
Emi have also said that only gold of all the donated money will hang on.
I jump to the conclusion of why people protests and its because they feel betrayed and fooled by Emi. How many here actually calls him/her Sir Emi instead of Emi? Only those positive with the reset.

Ive started another game at the side of this with resets. The reset will occure just some days in the future and Im starting to get good at the game but I dont cry over there. I accept it because I knew whats going to happen when I joined.

termul

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 11:27:40 AM »

Emi have said that a reset wouldnt occure and now this happens.

I have to correct you on this, because you keep mentioning this statement.

I have read the post that Sir Emi made long time ago where he stated that he WANTS this game to be persistent. In the same post he also stated that the game might have a reset (depending on the future evolvement of the game).

For obvious reasons he now thinks that this game needs a reset and I must say I can only agree with him.
Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2008, 11:32:00 AM »

Im not the only one repeating this statement. Look through the original Rev thread (which Emi doesnt seem to read anymore).

Edit: Correcting my grammar.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 11:38:15 AM by Arthur Dent » Logged

Crlaozwyn

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2008, 01:22:28 PM »

Alright, call me crazy but I am siding with Sir Emi on this. Maybe we need one reset to kill the permanent high players and let everyone start over. I think bought HPD should be kept and gold status. But earned HPD should be reset. Go ahead with the insults but I am taking Sir Emi's side on this.
Do you think the next round would be different? Or the round after that? The fact is that high players are high because they play BETTER than those who aren't. Timing has an effect, as does luck... but it comes down to skill. Reset the game 100x and the same players will ALWAYS be on top. The only way other players would pass them is if they get pissed off enough to leave, like I did.
Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2008, 01:31:27 PM »

And is pissing the good people of a good way of getting the newbies on top? I dont think so but thats my opinion. Its the high players that enjoy the game and therefor they donate to be able to enjoy the game even more.

DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2008, 06:20:21 PM »

Now Arthur, would you please stop all this meaningless ranting, Revelation is here...so GET OVER IT and put your energy into something more useful, like helping the rest of us prevent the reset.

Peace Out.

ZacQuicksilver

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2008, 06:36:02 PM »

I know that once the reset occurs, I will be doing one of two things:

1) Thanking Emi for the lesson on how not to treat players, and move elsewhere. Daemornia Online perhaps.

2) Becoming a Ghost. You know, one of those things that sticks around, refuses to go away, and is just an all-purpose nuisance.

I hack games, not computers, in my life.

I'm NOT SGP, no matter how much I support them on the forums.

Pardus.at. Let me know if you play.
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2008, 12:13:21 AM »

Emi have said that a reset wouldnt occure and now this happens.

I have to correct you on this, because you keep mentioning this statement.

I have read the post that Sir Emi made long time ago where he stated that he WANTS this game to be persistent. In the same post he also stated that the game might have a reset (depending on the future evolvement of the game).

For obvious reasons he now thinks that this game needs a reset and I must say I can only agree with him.

This is a Quote from Sir Emi's post when it was first asked if this world would be reset.
If you look at Space Odyssey you will see we have both a persistent world and one with resets, so yeah we will have both in HP too.

The reset will be kind of cool, like a bang where everything blows up and with prizes at the end, and after it's done the whole world blows up and it's rebuild again like a Doom's Day.

Notice that he says there would be both.   As of right now there is not both.  There is only 1.  The original world which would be persistant but is now round based.

Get your facts straight or next time I hunt you in game and leave his quotes over and over again in your logs until you actually read before responding.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to: