The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 27, 2024, 01:32:38 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever."
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Revelation?  (Read 18103 times)
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2008, 12:33:04 AM »

This feature IS needed to keep a balence and stop players wizzing off into the billions per day. It is 100% player controllable so if you dont want your user reset fight for it.

You sound pro-revelations.  Make you a deal.  You tell me your IPs and I will tell you my IPs

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2008, 07:51:18 AM »

Well, as of today, that's a total of 5 disinfects running on my virii on truelight servers, complete with IP-change, it seems to me either someone is deliberately trying to hamper the Faith Unions efforts to prevent doomsday, or some people need to read the forums!

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2008, 02:10:59 PM »

Well, as of today, that's a total of 5 disinfects running on my virii on truelight servers, complete with IP-change, it seems to me either someone is deliberately trying to hamper the Faith Unions efforts to prevent doomsday, or some people need to read the forums!

Yeah I have been getting disinfects.  Interestingly once Riolic was busted the disinfects continued but no more virii were installed by him on those servers.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Nagitof

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2008, 12:32:12 PM »

We need to fill the servers with small but high high viriis. I cant right now cause some one hacked me for loging on to one of those server a clan 'clames'.

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2008, 01:06:50 PM »

Well if you want to help hit up those Spywares and disinfect them.  That seems to be the new tactic against SGP members at least.

Plans are in the works though to track down the Spyware Script Kiddies and show them what real hacking is all about.

Quote on the Forums today
Down with the mega-corporations!

I personally say
Down with True Light and their Anti-Hacker policies!

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2008, 01:08:48 PM »

Lol, as i was writing this ebolla posted with more or less my exact thoughts there laugh

Soooo, i'll just say... ^^ what he said 16

My addition:
  I personally HATE spyware, it is almost as much a bane as the virii breaker. I will admit i DO own a level 15 or so spyware, but it is for points ONLY, although i have used it once, but it was to counter another v1.1 spyware that was put on my virii, much simpler than disinfecting and having whoever it was upload another ;)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 01:14:22 PM by DamascuS » Logged

Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2008, 01:46:40 PM »

Most people thinks spyware and breaker is wrong to use. (Especially if they look at the forums and reads SGPs policies about anti SGP behaviour.)
I would add malware to that list too if its used against players and not corps (and TL).

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2008, 02:02:33 PM »

Am i to assume that you believe everyone dislikes spyware and the virii breaker just because SGP does? If so, you couldn't be further from the truth, it is based on morality for me, the only reason one would upload and install virii over someone elses virii is out of spite, and pure laziness, i say laziness because the person obviously cannot be bothered to research his own virii and upload and install them, which is easier in my opinion.

As for the virii breaker, while not a completely bad idea it has some serious flaws, such as not taking the hide version into account, or even the version of the virus itself, apart from slowing down the capture time. And again, it is laziness and spite that leads to its use.

Just because it was SGP who released to first 'bad-word' against spyware/virii breakers, do not assume that everyone else is just following suit, and as the quote goes.... 'after all, we are all alike'.

Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2008, 02:32:34 PM »

The thing about SGP was more like a joke even though it can have inspired someone not to play with spyware/breaker. What I meant (but not said) is people who are active on the forums have a more personal relation with other players making them thinking more on morality since they know that they arent alone and someone else gets hurt by it.
People not active on the forums is more "Me against the world".

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2008, 01:00:50 AM »

Wow sadly I have to come to Arthur's Defense here.

DamascuS = /FAIL

Reason being is he did not read Arthur's post before replying.  I shall quote the post here and put in the part he failed to read in bold as an example.

Most people thinks spyware and breaker is wrong to use. (Especially if they look at the forums and reads SGPs policies about anti SGP behaviour.)
I would add malware to that list too if its used against players and not corps (and TL).

To which DamascuS's reply is as follows and I will put his mistake in bold just to be fair.

Am i to assume that you believe everyone dislikes spyware and the virii breaker just because SGP does? If so, you couldn't be further from the truth, it is based on morality for me, the only reason one would upload and install virii over someone elses virii is out of spite, and pure laziness, i say laziness because the person obviously cannot be bothered to research his own virii and upload and install them, which is easier in my opinion.

As for the virii breaker, while not a completely bad idea it has some serious flaws, such as not taking the hide version into account, or even the version of the virus itself, apart from slowing down the capture time. And again, it is laziness and spite that leads to its use.

Just because it was SGP who released to first 'bad-word' against spyware/virii breakers, do not assume that everyone else is just following suit, and as the quote goes.... 'after all, we are all alike'.

To me nothing is worse than the failure to fully read and comprehend what someone else is typing.  That in of itself shows laziness and/or a major dislike towards the individual.

Now you all know I come down hard on Arthur Dent all the time.  Honestly most of his posts are BS posts.  But I do still take the time to read them as behind the BS there might be something worthwhile.  So don't think I am taking anyones side in this conversation alright ;)

Ebolla
Visionary
Defender
Vote for Ebolla as President of the Hacker Community!!

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2008, 08:39:32 AM »

Wow sadly I have to come to Arthur's Defense here.

Theres no shame in it as long as you dont actually pay me for my stipidness.

Vote for Ebolla as President of the Hacker Community!!

Im sorry but I think you have the highest position available for non staff as the leader for SGP. Youre also the most active serious player with good thoughts, theres not much more you could do.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to: