The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 25, 2024, 03:51:30 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Don't be evil."
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Reseach page, Running Software page and other updates / fixes  (Read 14060 times)
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2008, 12:25:32 PM »

- added the connection form when viewing the Running Software. It should save one click on connect and then paste the IP and click bounce from there. I usually filter by "Completed tasks", then copy the IP from there and paste it in the connect form and then click Bounce.

I am sorry I am not getting that part.  I don't see a connection form or any option to allow me to bounce to the ip in my running software list.

edit
Nevermind I see it now.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 12:27:29 PM by virus man » Logged

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2008, 12:31:15 PM »

Most of the bugs I reported was because of the 50 tasks limit and because of sorting tasks doesnt reset to show all by IP from first.

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2008, 12:37:25 PM »

5> Slight issue with the research clustering.  I started 50 tasks as once and about 10 of them started 8 seconds before the rest.  Anyway to have it clumped as just 1 process with a counter that will count down the number of tasks that you complete? For example
Code:
Kill  	 	706156  	Basic Firewall Protect  	research file #185718 | Basic Firewall Protect V 0.1 X 50 [Owned][localhost], 1h 0m 0s  	0.1  	2500  	150000  	0
[/quote]

Yes it may have took 8 seconds to calculate everything needed to start your research because you have so many tasks using the resources.
I thought of the multiplier you are talking about but decided it would take too much time to make it now, and left it for a future update. The way it is setup now, it would be no problem to add that feature later on. This was what I could do in such a short time.

- added filter for "ALL by ending time". This should show all tasks ordered from those completed to those about to complete

Thank you

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2008, 12:40:15 PM »

No thank you Sir Emi.  This is by far the best update I have seen since the game first started.  Of course I am still testing out the VI to see how badly it breaks Log Deletion, Bouncing, and IP Change.  Not that IP Change could use a good breaking /grin.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2008, 12:56:33 PM »

Host IP doesn't appear to be the IP the virii is installed on, it appears that it might be the last hop from your installation... both the virii I scanned (one mine, one not mine) on a secret server turned up True Light #1 as their host IP...

Pretty cool though, helps fight the IP change god mode ( 13)

I would like some clarification on the Host IP, because I direct connect to finish installations on many of my virii, but I bounce throught Truelight publics to start the install (obviously show my IP doesn't show) and it seems that the last bounce of the admin install is what it shows (from the couple I've scanned).

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2008, 01:06:10 PM »

- removed host IP from the VI report, it only causes confusion

Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2008, 01:10:35 PM »

I was about to ask about that, since the newest scan I did didn't have a Host IP.  Owell, it's not like it would have been extraordinarily helpful.

ZacQuicksilver

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2008, 02:41:12 PM »

One issue: The button to start a Virus ID says "Start Capture"

I hack games, not computers, in my life.

I'm NOT SGP, no matter how much I support them on the forums.

Pardus.at. Let me know if you play.
HJ®
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2008, 02:49:08 PM »

Just thought i'd put my input in since I can now.

These updates are great. While I haven't tested VI yet, all feedback seems to be on the upside which is good.

Keep them coming, SirEmi.
HJ®
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2008, 03:13:45 PM »

Any chance we can have your Gateway Processes have the ability to Filter Tasks by Remote Actions? That way you could simply check when anyone is uploading/downloading/activating virii.
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2008, 01:24:13 AM »

Um, so what is up with filtering for VI and AV's.  I am running a bunch of both but my list shows up as empty when I filter by VI or any type of AV...

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2008, 01:26:51 AM »

Also Run is missing from the drop down box in programs.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Tiak

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2008, 04:26:34 AM »

Well, right now there are 1-2 extra pages to click through for every program you run, so, without a fairly major change, or a series of popups, that makes sense.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 09:18:31 PM by Tiak » Logged
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2008, 11:36:57 AM »

Well, right now there are 1-2 extra pages to click through for every program you run, so, without a fairly major page, or a series of popups, that makes sense.

But I want to click my breakers, unhider, hide, stuff like that and then hit run to run all of them at once, rather than have to go back to the files and programs page for each individual one.

Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2008, 11:52:58 AM »

Especially useful is it when you shall higher your defences (PW+FW) or starting a crack (PB+FB and maybe LogD). Thats programs you run every once in a while.

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to: