The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 28, 2024, 03:57:49 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being legal doesn't make it right."
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Data Liberation  (Read 10730 times)
Exousia
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2008, 09:09:54 PM »

Exou, you really hit gold here  13 good job!

Us mail carriers gotta be good for something other than delivering your mail to the wrong address.  16

I'd like to see more input on this though, or is everyone who isn't posting just reading it, nodding approvingly and moving on to other forums?  19

Witcher

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2008, 08:41:41 AM »

rockon w00t2 rock

12 17

coffee1
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2008, 11:14:57 AM »

The possibilities are limitless for this idea.

Once I do a few more updates to the user interface I will start the work on this new mission type.
It goes rather well with the story and I can drop a few pointers on the locations of Revelation virii 1

I will need a few short stories / emails about Revelation and other things that you can think of. You can send them to my email.

So far I got those ideas:

memos / email / cryptic data about:
- general info about the other corp (maybe a few IPs)
- HPD secret stash
- software that boosts V of a program type by a certain amount
- Revelation research data
- some other research data on different types of programs (find their NPC server IP)

Feel free to suggest more types of secret info.

Thank you 1

Exousia
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2008, 02:43:30 PM »

Excellent.  13

Expect a few emails from me. Feel free to use the example I gave previously as well. I'll keep my submissions light-hearted unless you need/want something serious.
Exousia
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2008, 03:46:36 PM »

rockon w00t2 rock

12 17

lol
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2008, 08:27:51 PM »

stocks maybe?
(lol, HP stock market  13
Exousia
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2008, 09:03:56 PM »

stocks maybe?
(lol, HP stock market  13

With all the vital company secrets which are about to become high priority targets, their stocks may have nowhere to go but down.  16
Adramalech

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2008, 08:47:49 AM »

or you collect a lot of usefull info, sell it to someone and then his stock goes up,
nice way to exploit this,
buy stocks for low
sell the secrets,
sell stocks for high 1
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2008, 09:02:32 AM »

Another idea is that you collect bits and parts from different missions, e.g.parts of a program from different missions.

And then, after you collect enough parts, like a puzzle you try to match what you have to create new software and boosters for software types...

Or, you collect the 4 parts of an IP address, e.g. aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd each from another mission and the order from another one. Then when you assemble them and get the IP you go to collect some nice reward from there 1

Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2008, 09:17:03 AM »

I like it, but how would we get a hint on which numbers fit where?
like, 187.???.867
The chances of getting the 'right' IP seems like it's low  10
Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2008, 12:01:07 PM »

I can see 2 problems with assemble an IP but I also got answers to both of them;
How are you going to get 4 parts with all these servers? Several copies of them spawns.
Which parts fit together? You give every piece of information a specific ID, like no 1 gets the ID 1a while the secod part of the IP gets no 1b and so on. Next set of IP pieces gets 2a-2d and so on.
The ID I suggest can be implemented in two ways; Either by replace the ID every software gets with this or by making the .dat files running able so you can open them and read whats in it. The ID is then either at the top or at the bottom of the document.

Edit: I got another idea of how to give the ID to the .dat file, by naming the file something like '52c.dat'. This idea could also work with a renaming software and a name recovery software (similar to the log tools) but now Im a head of the events.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 12:04:37 PM by Arthur Dent » Logged

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
Tiak

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2008, 07:23:28 AM »

Or, you collect the 4 parts of an IP address, e.g. aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd each from another mission and the order from another one. Then when you assemble them and get the IP you go to collect some nice reward from there 1
In that specific example, a mission for the order seems a little silly.  There are only 24 combination, it seems like any mission is going to be harder than just trying those.  I'd suggest giving the order as you get them.  (i.e.  On completing the second mission, "You now know 2 octets of this IP!  xxx.168.xxx.20").

I like the file assembly mission idea a bit better though, current file spawning feels like it needs something to supplement it after we get a certain length into a round (like now).
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: