The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 26, 2024, 07:18:18 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: I'm bored.  (Read 13519 times)
Trael

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2008, 11:44:34 PM »

Yeah, some depth should be added into the game.

I think that SE should publicize some kind of competition where the winner of the best idea for the depth will win X period of golden acc.
The idea will be voted by all HP user, via the game-not the forums as not much ppl actually entering the forum.
Exousia
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2008, 12:28:56 AM »

From what I'm reading, it seems to boil down to three things....

1) Give the vets something to do. We need beefier servers. There should be at least one secret server spawned every once in a while with a v1.0 boost above the max bypass and break software owned by the players and some way, perhaps a data file code quest type thingie, to find it. Also, purchasing IPs may be detrimental to the thrill of "finding" servers and the data file suggestion may give an alternative to IP purchase. If this means that there's a v1500 protection server out there somewhere, so be it. Hunting for servers will also be much more fun than simply purchasing IPs IMHO.

2) Advertise the game. There is the HP partner program even if SE won't/can't advertise it--so no reason we can't support advertising ourselves. Bringing in some fresh blood will definitely add to the experience, but we need to be able to retain them with an active community. This means those who are in the top 10 have a responsibility both to help educate the noobs and give them something to shoot for. With higher version protection on servers out there, it also gives mid-range goals and downloadable software to help the noob/intermediate players compete. Version 3.0 protects may be on par with the average given the number of inactive players and increasing the number of active players may also increase this average if that's how it works.

3) Open a second server. It's been said several times and would satisfy those who want a persistent world and those who want a reset. Several problems are solved and many complaints are silenced by doing this. If there's a cost, perhaps some kind of contest or event could help raise funds to offset this and I believe there are players who will resume or increase support for HP if this first server is persistent as many wish it to be.

Just some thoughts.
HJ®
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2008, 12:40:47 AM »

bodyguard
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2008, 06:35:27 PM »

I advertise on one forum..yeah, some depth would be nice, and those data files you mentions exo!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to: