The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 24, 2024, 04:16:39 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: How about some more depth?  (Read 4641 times)
HJ®
« on: October 08, 2008, 04:00:19 PM »

The Hacker Project is an online browser game placed in a distant future virtual world. You will play the role of a hacker in a tumultuous time after all governments have succumbed to the economic crisis caused by the exploitation of all natural resources combined with a terrible epidemic.

After the bankruptcy of the governments the world economy has been taken over by three mega-corporations. Their dispute is over the highest remaining world asset, INFORMATION. Their goal is to place a taxation monopoly on the free exchange of information. Omnicron Mega-Corp has taken over North & South America, controlling some of the most powerful remaining satellite platforms and systems. Icarus Mega-Corp has taken over the Europe and Africa, controlling of higher number of medium to high platforms. Hakuza Mega-Corp has taken over the Russia and Asia, controlling a huge number of smaller platforms.

Each corporation has it's own agenda to take over the rest of the world. A covert and stealth war has been declared, with the mega-corporations hiring experienced hackers to break in and disrupt economic activities of the rival corporations. 90% of the job market is now in the information business of the mega-corporations that are exploiting the world population to their own benefit.

Several independent contractors have started a movement against the mega-corporations. The movement has been codenamed "True Light" and they have declared a stealth war against the mega-corporations. Their goal is to return the economic power to the people. They have setup a small operation to distribute some basic software, connection and computer for those willing to help in liberating the world from the mega-corp menace. Their goal is to develop the ultimate software and use it against the menace.

As an independent "information facilitator" (formaly known as hacker), your mission will be to infiltrate the mega-corporations and use their systems against them.

Your role is simple, Doom or Save the world!

So where's the "Terrible epidemic"?

Why do we need to know where the mega-corps are based if that has nothing to do with the game?

I'd really like to see the story developed a bit more, please.
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 05:33:22 PM »

Better yet why is it that True Light is the Doom Bringer instead of one of the corporations?

I mean if the corporations are fighting over information then wouldn't it be one of them who would release the Dooms Day Virus instead of True Light who is suppose to be fighting for freedom of information which the Dooms Day Virus prevents?

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
HJ®
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 05:34:38 PM »

I've been pondering myself that for days, but it appears the story line is more like a "Well lets just destroy the whole world instead of saving it".

Revelation had been planned ALL along.
Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 05:35:57 PM »

Heh. I think True Light ought to have been the ones supporting Faith, but I mean, what's Emi going to do? Go back and retcon it in?
HJ®
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 05:46:28 PM »

Well he'll just wait until we get all the True Lights nerfed before we do that, that way Revelation is guaranteed :P
Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 05:48:10 PM »

Eh, we'd be okay. As long as FU's still got a copy of Faith, it shouldn't matter if no more copies spawn. My worry would be the number of corporation servers being too high; Revelation would spawn all OVER the place.
virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 06:38:23 PM »

Eh, we'd be okay. As long as FU's still got a copy of Faith, it shouldn't matter if no more copies spawn. My worry would be the number of corporation servers being too high; Revelation would spawn all OVER the place.

then I say we start laying waste to EVERY NPC server out there.  Then the only place it could spawn would be on the Public NPC servers but they don't have enough space for them to spawn.

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
J.GreenThumb

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 07:25:59 PM »

I think we should lead a mass nerfing every night.

Every night we have squads (10 people) go to a secret server and nerf it. If he wave 5 squads and they can do say 5 servers a night (2 people per server) then I think we can nerf a good half or more of them in just over a month. Then we just search for other ones every night. This could also be a time to calculate the server spawn calcs.

Ebolla>   Ebolla: No problem. Replied
   <JGreenThumb>   Ebolla: You Ebolla:'ed :P
Witcher

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 10:46:20 AM »

You know... I hadn't actually realised just how incredibly bored you guys all are till I read all this.

Have one of these -  drink

coffee1
Exousia
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2008, 02:46:41 PM »

Heh. I think True Light ought to have been the ones supporting Faith, but I mean, what's Emi going to do? Go back and retcon it in?

"True Light" just looks like another MegaCorp to me.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: