The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 09:25:53 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being illegal doesn't make it wrong."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Passwd breakers UI update  (Read 5790 times)
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: October 09, 2008, 12:37:10 PM »

- it is now possible to select specific password breakers when cracking.
  In case the target has higher passwd protects then the highest breaker, the highest is used to overload first. It is also possible to overload other breakers from the list, or select the breaker to be used. This effectively gives more control and allows for cracking more servers at once.
   In case of a research project being used, the timer is reset and task is changed to cracking. Research name still remains, but task is set to crack and research time is lost if converting a research job to a crack job.

- to balance the above in case of PvP, gateway passwd change process is no longer limited to 1 task

- you can now "Run" multiple programs at once from the "Files / Programs". Useful when starting multiple passwd breakers combined with the above update.

Cheers for multi-tasking! 1

HJ®
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 12:42:02 PM »

I was actually going to suggest some of these.

Great updates, Emi. Thank you.
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 01:01:18 PM »

Awesome, can you select different run processes?

Like can I run my v3.0 four or five times to crack four or five different secret servers?

I'm going to go test it out anyway but I figured it would be nice to have the answer up here for other people.

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 01:06:12 PM »

Awesome, can you select different run processes?

Like can I run my v3.0 four or five times to crack four or five different secret servers?

I'm going to go test it out anyway but I figured it would be nice to have the answer up here for other people.

Yes, you can have your V 3.0 run 10 times and then crack 10 servers at once with it. Piece of cake, and you don't need to re-run them again on the next 10 servers after they complete 1

Witcher

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 01:11:58 PM »

Ok so what am I going to do now with my scaled collection of Password breakers???? Humbug.

coffee1
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 01:24:00 PM »

Ok so what am I going to do now with my scaled collection of Password breakers???? Humbug.

Lol.  I had the same thing going.  I like this way much better though.

RavenXP

rgongora2002@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 08:02:17 PM »

14 Very very good update! Just what I need!  5
HJ®
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 09:47:21 PM »

Keep your old password breakers, guys. In moderation, anyways.

You never know when you wont have enough CPU to run your v100 password breaks and you only need a v10.
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 11:49:43 PM »

I generally run my v1.34 breaker.  Most secrets are under that.  Otherwise I run my v3.0sum

RavenXP

rgongora2002@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 01:05:55 AM »

This is fun, cracked a lot of secret servers today.  5

And I think the best cracker to use now is between v2.5 and v3.0. Most secret servers fall on that protection level.
For cracking private servers, keep v10.x, v50.x, and v100.x

@Witcher: You can still use your old approach. Select Password Breaker from the File Section and select Run so all your breakers will run. Then when cracking a server you can choose what breaker to use. In our case we can use a single breaker and run it multiple times.  bodyguard
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2008, 01:57:01 AM »

With this new addition, I now have no reason to not go through my entire IP database cracking every secret server I've got...

Then I can go through my accepted missions and find ones I'm not admin on and just keep finding all the secret servers!

I wonder how many parallel 3.08 crackers I can run, all the secrets right now should be under that...

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: