The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 07:32:56 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Trust your technolust!"
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Programs and their costs  (Read 24589 times)
DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2008, 07:36:40 PM »

Question: When exactly is the file version of the Data Uplink Hijack Virus used for?

I dont see any mention of it in the table above, so am i right in assuming a file version of 0.2 will only intercept files of version 0.2 and below?

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2008, 09:41:04 PM »

Question: When exactly is the file version of the Data Uplink Hijack Virus used for?

I dont see any mention of it in the table above, so am i right in assuming a file version of 0.2 will only intercept files of version 0.2 and below?

It is the Encryption level it uses on the software it intercepts

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2008, 09:42:24 PM »

I thought the Encryption level of the file was the version of the file that you captured?

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2008, 09:44:58 PM »

I thought the Encryption level of the file was the version of the file that you captured?

It might be.  I forget to be honest.  And since Decryption uses WAY to much in resources it is really a mute point.  Example a V1.0 Decrypt uses 20,000 MHz CPU and 500,000 mb of ram

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2008, 09:52:43 PM »

It might be.  I forget to be honest.  And since Decryption uses WAY to much in resources it is really a mute point.  Example a V1.0 Decrypt uses 20,000 MHz CPU and 500,000 mb of ram

From the game guide: "the file will also be encrypted with a version equal to the intercepted software version"

IMHO, pointless.  Any file you want is going to be either A: higher version virii (which means you need a high version decryptor which has already been pointed out as pointless) or B: on someone's private server being transferred to another person's private server, so unless you get lucky there's really nothing worthwhile to capture with a hijacker.

I know I don't go uploading anything to somewhere where someone else has installed virii except for more virii (and usually on secret servers)

DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2008, 10:06:28 PM »

Well, thanks for the input, but it has to be said that i agree with both of you, it is absolutely pointless to capture ANYTHING, fair enough, its just like downloading something without using your BW, but on the other hand, you are never gonna be able to decrypt something you actually WANT, going by what virus man's estimates, who has 20,000 CPU free to decrypt some 1.0 file?, which would furthermore have to run for countless hours!

I think this should be given a re-think, and as a suggestion, using the whole storyline about the software being intercepted over an encrypted communication, the version of the actual hijacker virii should be used.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 08:20:31 PM by DamascuS » Logged

Witcher

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2008, 06:41:55 PM »

Need to add the virus identifier to the list:

MB: 17.42
CPU: 30
MEM: 1150

Not sure about the official description though.

coffee1
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: