The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 29, 2024, 09:03:50 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Don't be evil."
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: How to Hide files / how to Un-Hide files  (Read 25918 times)
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: June 27, 2008, 12:27:12 PM »

To be able to properly do this, you should acquire a "Hide Files" software and an "Unhide Files" software.
The "Unhide Files" version has to be greater or equal then the "Hide Files", or you will not be able to find and un-hide the file later.

How to hide (localhost / remotehost):

- go to your "Files / Programs" and search in ETC for the "Hide Files" software.
- click "Run" to start the program, it eats some resources so make sure you have enough.
- go to "Files / Programs" and click on "Hide" in the action of any file you see
- check your "Running Software" for the remaining time on the hide process, should not take long, but depends on the file size.
- click task complete on the hide process
- your file is now hidden, in order to SEE it, you HAVE to actively run an "Unhide Files" software on the gateway
- if you have the "Unhide Files" software running you should be able to see a [hidden with V x.x] next to the file name

How to un-hide (localhost / remotehost):

- make sure you have the active "Unhide Files" running on your gateway. "Run" the "Unhide Files" program if not already active.
- go to the "Files / Programs" and look for the hidden file, it should be marked with [hidden with V x.x] next to the file name
- on the hidden file action menu, where it previously said "Hide" it should now say "UnHide"
- click "UnHide" and wait for the process to finish.
- click complete task to complete the unhide process
- the file is now visible to everyone

Tips & Tricks:

- you can run the "Hide Files" software only when needed, e.g. you uploaded a virus, you start the hide process, hide the vir and stop the program. That way you can save up on resources.
- you can run "Unhide Files" software only when you are actively searching for a hidden file to save up on resources. If you do this on your gateway, make sure you note somewhere what files you have hidden  1
- if you hide / unhide files on a regular basis, keep the two programs in the gateway memory to be able to see hidden files of opportunity on your targets

- you CAN upload hidden files, virii for example. You just need to run the "Unhide Files" software when clicking the "Upload" on the hidden file. The file WILL be visible on the target, so remember to hide it again in there is you want stealth.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 11:51:06 PM by siremi » Logged

plubius

a gun is not an argument.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 12:42:24 PM »

oh, so the unhide needs to be a higher level than the hide... that explains it, thanks  5

for every action there is an equal and opposite government program
Melville

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 08:30:14 PM »

If you hide a virii file will it still show up in processes?
plubius

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 08:31:39 PM »

only if its installed.

Melville

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 08:45:04 PM »

So if you install it, the file might as well be unhidden?
plubius

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 08:47:12 PM »

yes and no, it can be found, but they need to unhide it to run an antivirus on it.

Melville

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2008, 08:59:03 PM »

Oh, okay, thanks.
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

Scrixx123@hotmail.com ekam94 pet_shop123@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2008, 05:22:28 AM »

Question: I'm still not too sure, so when you want to hide a virus you can hide it on your gate way and then upload it hidden? or do you have to upload your hider AND virus then run the hider on the victim?"

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
sovietpride

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2008, 05:48:53 AM »

you can upload it, but it won't be hidden.

and even then,m you need a higher unhider (running of course) to be able to do anything with the virii on your gateway.

EVERYONE CAN SEE IF YOU UPLOAD A HIDDEN FILE. in essence it is no longer hidden.

i think.

quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2008, 05:56:31 AM »

you can upload it, but it won't be hidden.

and even then,m you need a higher unhider (running of course) to be able to do anything with the virii on your gateway.

EVERYONE CAN SEE IF YOU UPLOAD A HIDDEN FILE. in essence it is no longer hidden.

i think.
Ohh so if i upload it hidden you will still be able to see it?  Then what's the point

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2008, 11:34:15 AM »

Ohh so if i upload it hidden you will still be able to see it?  Then what's the point

the point is that no-one else will take advantage of the file on your end if you get hacked. Your virii won't be installed as often if you keep them hidden, and your other software may not get deleted so often  laugh

If you feel a little paranoid, you can also encrypt your virii / files and keep the decryptor in a safe place (Secure FTP) 1

BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2008, 11:01:57 PM »

the point is that no-one else will take advantage of the file on your end if you get hacked. Your virii won't be installed as often if you keep them hidden, and your other software may not get deleted so often  laugh

If you feel a little paranoid, you can also encrypt your virii / files and keep the decryptor in a safe place (Secure FTP) 1
Ohh, siremi could you verify what encrypting a software does?

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2008, 11:50:51 PM »

Yeah when the file is encrypted it can not be run or installed.

The Un-Hide software will now see the hidden files hidden with equal or lower version.

BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2008, 12:32:23 AM »

Yeah when the file is encrypted it can not be run or installed.

The Un-Hide software will now see the hidden files hidden with equal or lower version.
But if a hacker installs a virus and then encrypts it is he still able to obtain his money?

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2008, 01:55:11 AM »

But if a hacker installs a virus and then encrypts it is he still able to obtain his money?

Yes if already installed the virus works normally, encryption has nothing to do with the virii once installed.
Also I don't see why you would want to encrypt the virus, can't find any purpose in it...

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to: