The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 29, 2024, 09:10:56 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being legal doesn't make it right."
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: " UnUpgrade "  (Read 10492 times)
Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2008, 01:34:05 PM »

It might be useful if I click wrong or something but last time I did that I ended up with the double of my CPU (I accidentaly clicked a zero too much and I got enough HPD) so I dont think I will use the option.

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2008, 11:14:54 PM »

It might be useful if I click wrong or something but last time I did that I ended up with the double of my CPU (I accidentaly clicked a zero too much and I got enough HPD) so I dont think I will use the option.

Ah, just had an idea from this post you made and came up with this:

http://www.hacker-project.com/forum/index.php?topic=964.0

Many thanks 1

Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2008, 12:27:11 AM »

Heh... I just dropped 300k into my main server instead of my fileshare farm...

I don't suppose that there would be a way to implement changing over upgrades fully for a short time after buying them... like for a couple of minutes after you buy them you can move/remove them and then they are set in...

I just really hate to... well not waste those upgrades, but my main didn't really benefit from that upgrade setup like my farm would have...

Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2008, 12:47:24 AM »

Ouch. . . Hey, maybe it could be something like "If you haven't started any processes on the upgraded comp, you can sell it back."?
HJ®
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2008, 08:32:45 AM »

Or, if the server hasn't been logged into.
Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2008, 10:36:25 AM »

HJ, what do you mean? Logged into by the owner, or by someone else? Cause if it's someone else, it can be abused (see my other posts on using it for quick uploads, then selling back the BW), and if it's the original owner, what if they accidentally upgrade the one they're on, but don't start anything with the extra hardware?
RavenXP

rgongora2002@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2008, 08:37:44 PM »

HJ, what do you mean? Logged into by the owner, or by someone else? Cause if it's someone else, it can be abused (see my other posts on using it for quick uploads, then selling back the BW), and if it's the original owner, what if they accidentally upgrade the one they're on, but don't start anything with the extra hardware?

Yes it can be abused. But there are really people who accidentally purchased the wrong number hardware upgrades.
There should be limits like time delay (e.g. 1 hour before degrade task is complete) or huge AP cost (1000 AP per server) or you can only sell once per 7 days.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: