The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 16, 2024, 03:39:11 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: varius newbie questions  (Read 8360 times)
drakna

View Profile Email
« on: October 24, 2008, 06:50:59 AM »

i was wondering if it is possible to assign tasks currently running on a remote server to the task list and if it is how so.
is there anyway to get missions to run faster. delete a file faster and so on.

oh yeah i lost the stats that boot me out of newbie protection i wouldnt mind knowing them too know where to stop for a while and bolster resources before going out into the world sort of thing
Xirad

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 10:43:33 AM »

For the stats on newbie protection

Ok, so this should be the protection requirements then.

He is no longer protected when:
CPU>1100
OR
Bandwidth>10
OR
(not logged in for the last 7 days)

This should protect him again if he logged back in from a period of inactivity...

Hmm....
Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 10:44:34 AM »

No way to run a mission faster; delete times being equal means higher level players can't snap up all the high-paying missions. That'll never decrease, sorry :(
drakna

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 01:46:40 PM »

meh i figured you couldnt speed up missions
Thek3mp
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 04:18:10 PM »

i agree how processes should be able to be speeded up somehow, missions are useless when your higher up in the rank ladder
drakna

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 04:20:06 PM »

what you dont need cash when your higher up?
and i am not sayinfg they should be able to be done faster i was jyust wondering if they could.
anyone know about assigning tasks on a remote server like sa a delete action? or do i just have to use reload every
Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 01:21:45 AM »

Speeding up the delete process would be too over powering. Then the absolute newbies cannot do any missions and the higher players have more opportunities to make HPD and this fast too. Isnt the already existing gap wide enough?

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
drakna

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 01:25:31 AM »

well you couold always put a level cap like if your x high you can only do missions of y hpd value or more sort of thing
Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 02:06:08 AM »

That would limit PvP actions about missions and PvP is something this game have too little of. But it was a good idea.

Edit: Power rankings are also failing. Its probably as good as possible but its still showing wrong. I just comparred my servers with another person who is further up then me and it turned I had far more BW which is crucial when you are installing virii. I guess my daily virii income is bigger then his.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 02:09:41 AM by Arthur Dent » Logged

gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 02:15:34 AM »

maybe virii income should be added to the power ranking....

Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2008, 02:25:53 AM »

That would limit PvP actions about missions and PvP is something this game have too little of. But it was a good idea.

Edit: Power rankings are also failing. Its probably as good as possible but its still showing wrong. I just comparred my servers with another person who is further up then me and it turned I had far more BW which is crucial when you are installing virii. I guess my daily virii income is bigger then his.

Was that their only server?

Their software versions were probably higher, maybe they run delete and disinfect missions for their money and don't install virii.  If they have a lot of the other resources besides bandwidth they wouldn't really need a high bandwidth anyway, they could still have more virii out in the world that you do.

Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2008, 02:51:17 AM »

Virii income do give power but not when on owned servers as many (but not all) of my virii are.

I got 3 servers and he got more (I dont want to say how many or what resources). The software can have been higher but, somehow, I doubt its a lot higher then my highest.

The people having access to my servers think I should have more power but I dont

drakna

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2008, 01:04:33 PM »

i seem to have completly lost the tutorial thing. well i did take 5 missions i screwed up finishing one two others got done before i could click task complete and now i dont know where to pick up from or how to continue the tutorial
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2008, 05:37:06 PM »

i seem to have completly lost the tutorial thing. well i did take 5 missions i screwed up finishing one two others got done before i could click task complete and now i dont know where to pick up from or how to continue the tutorial

Click on "Account options" on the left menu, then click on "Activate Lisa the True Light mentor".

If you need to do more missions, just click on "IP Database", then "Bounce" to some public server and look for the file #ID to delete from one of your "Mission data" missions. Click on the "Bulletin board" on the public server to get more missions.

drakna

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2008, 05:40:16 PM »

lisa's still active i just want to move onto the next sage of the tutorial having done several higher paying delete file missions
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: