The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 15, 2024, 10:59:23 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Download defence  (Read 5601 times)
Cherono San

View Profile Email
« on: December 04, 2008, 07:24:06 AM »

sometimes then i download file from remothost someone delete it before i finish to download
so it would be nice the no one will be able to delete file if its under download process.
it will save a lot of problems because there will not be any need to search all the IP database for finding the
deleted program on someone else server.
the same find goes then deleting
no one can download file that someone try to delete
but they can try to delete it so you still need to make sure no one delete the mission file you want to delete =)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 07:28:32 AM by Cherono San » Logged

Sharp sowrd, short temper
any questions?
termul

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 08:28:44 AM »

I don't think this is a problem really. It seems you are just being impatient ... upgrade your bandwidth to 20 kbps first and things will be alot easier.
And there will always be a better file somewhere else some time (either on NPC or private server).
Thek3mp
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 08:29:36 AM »

this will cause too many problems, especially with revelation, and not forgetting someone could download their own files from a seperate server on a 0.1 connection in order to stop being deleted. and on average if your downloading at about 20 kb you can download faster than the file will be deleted.

and it isnt hard to track down somebody whos deleting a file, actually ive ended up stopping about 20 delete processes on some random guy when he was deleting a 0.2 firewall bypass that i wanted to claim.... :D
Thek3mp
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 08:30:25 AM »

I don't think this is a problem really. It seems you are just being impatient ... upgrade your bandwidth to 20 kbps first and things will be alot easier.
And there will always be a better file somewhere else some time (either on NPC or private server).
yea what he said

simoultaneous posts ftw?
gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 09:12:08 AM »

what I was thinking would be nice is if a file you are dl'ing gets deleted, the dl stops right there untill you find another server with the exact same version on it, and than you tell the process somehow that the file is there, so it resumes dl'ing the file from the new location. that would be nice for people that do not have good connections...

termul

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 09:24:20 AM »

Nice idea GS

May I add the suggestion that this can be done by installing some software on ones own server (like a locally installed downloadmanager).
Then players will have a choice if they want to sacrifice some system resources to benefit from this feature.
gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 09:49:46 AM »

that would work, this idea is actually a scaled down version of my real idea wich would allow you to basically torrent a file. you specify multiple sources incase you find a file you want on two server (two player servers) but their speed is really slow, so you can get it using both of their connections.

Cherono San

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 03:27:58 PM »

yea but guys just one small problem...
then you do mission you need to delete for specific server
whats the point to delete the file from somewhere else then you want to finish a job?

any questions?
gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 03:36:41 PM »

the idea had nothing to do with actually deleting stuff.. it had to do with downloading a file from multiple places. there are no missions for downloading files from anywhere atm...

Thek3mp
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2008, 05:13:36 PM »

the idea had nothing to do with actually deleting stuff.. it had to do with downloading a file from multiple places. there are no missions for downloading files from anywhere atm...
OP was about deleting stuff.
The idea came because people cant after because people are too lazy to trace the guy whos deleting and stop his processes.
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2008, 05:14:56 PM »

The idea came because people cant after because people are too lazy to trace the guy whos deleting and stop his processes.
It's really, really, hard, SOMETIMES!
Cherono San

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2008, 09:30:25 AM »

>-< i'm not lazy!!! i cant hack to everyone servers!!!   2

any questions?
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2008, 10:26:33 AM »

>-< i'm not lazy!!! i cant hack to everyone servers!!!   

seconded, everyone I'VE talked say:
I really need breakers, my breakers couldn't hack through a bush."
or along those lines. ^^
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: