The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 16, 2024, 12:28:04 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Down with the mega-corporations!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: external harddrives  (Read 8307 times)
The_Architect

View Profile Email
« on: July 03, 2008, 11:22:06 AM »

as a newbie, I know the pain of leaking your address out there and not having 1k HPD to change it, so the solution may be to format your harddrive, but this means you start back at newbie status

we should have an upgradable external harddrive, as times go by you get a bigger, better one

they are succeptable to overload bombs if you're careless and don't "unplug usb mass storage device!"

its a shot, and gives players a chance (only a chance) to be able to destroy this as well

(quite, some idiots leave their backups connected through the night to find it got fried)

"Two things are infinite, the universe and stupidity, and we're not too sure about the universe yet"
Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 11:39:57 AM »

as a newbie, I know the pain of leaking your address out there and not having 1k HPD to change it, so the solution may be to format your harddrive, but this means you start back at newbie status
You dont end up like to newbie status. If you just have started you wont loose a thing, if you have played for some days you have you computer upgraded and that does not disapear.

But it was a good idea. It serves like a gold FTP just that youwouldnt be able to do instant download from it. To not allowing so much abuse maybee having a long down/upload time.

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
Master Shake

Icarus Code Grinder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 11:42:08 AM »

Spend your hard earned HPD on Gateway upgrades,and the downtime from formatting is a lot less severe. Your gonna need em eventually,the way I see it.

I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

Scrixx123@hotmail.com ekam94 pet_shop123@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 12:35:34 PM »

Spend your hard earned HPD on Gateway upgrades,and the downtime from formatting is a lot less severe. Your gonna need em eventually,the way I see it.
Yeah, but it would be one of the way's to keep the game up by having people get gold to backup their servers.

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 12:47:47 PM »

I know that these kind of games cost money but I really hate it when people can get advantages because they are willing to spend real money on a game. Id prefer lots of ads instead. And in this particular case theres really big advantages of upgrading to gold which makes it all worse.

BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 12:54:15 PM »

I know that these kind of games cost money but I really hate it when people can get advantages because they are willing to spend real money on a game. Id prefer lots of ads instead. And in this particular case theres really big advantages of upgrading to gold which makes it all worse.
Hmm yeah i guess..

Hiya! I'm a friendly person, and I like to make new friends :]. I'm very helpful and kind, I keep searching for people who would be there for me and talk to me, and in return I will always be there for them. Let me know if you need anything and I will see what i can do.
Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 12:56:57 PM »

And another thing; Addicted people almost allways upgrades and that gives them advantages. And giving advantages to an addicted is not a good idea. Like giving a booze store membership to an alcoholic.

BobbyBob

I will eat you o_o"!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 01:04:58 PM »

And another thing; Addicted people almost allways upgrades and that gives them advantages. And giving advantages to an addicted is not a good idea. Like giving a booze store membership to an alcoholic.
  19 17 16 yupps, thats how you see people in new games rise up halfway to the max level within the first few days  laugh

Noseedam

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 01:30:29 PM »

i actually think its a good idea, would be kinda nice, especially since it still would have flaws and could be really nice to newbs who have no clue and don't want to format

sign the AP petition already!!!!!!!!!!!!
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 05:17:04 PM »

spider2 hell of a necro, i know, but this is still a good idea

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Hatejacket
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 07:48:36 PM »

spider2 hell of a necro, i know, but this is still a good idea

this is a terrible idea. Remote attack disruptor? Gold FTP?

Go to hell.
Exousia
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 10:26:17 PM »

Let's not too nasty.

I believe this idea was proposed again a couple times later and shot down for reasons of eliminating the motive to upgrade to gold or it just generally being a fail idea borrowed from slavehack.
Hatejacket
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2010, 10:56:10 PM »

Go to hell Bontrose!
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2010, 01:39:19 AM »

Haters gonna hate.  12

Could have been an interesting idea without goldftp etc

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2010, 02:31:21 PM »

Go to hell.