The Hacker Project - a free online game

May 16, 2024, 04:41:05 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Don't be evil."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Protection for new guys  (Read 3681 times)
Pyromaniac

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2010, 05:17:42 PM »

Right, so I'm new to this and have recently become a victim of what I consider a severe oversight on the part of the developers. So, in being new all my software sucks... except for a couple programs that are meh because a friend gave them to me.

Anyway somehow someone got my IP. Don't know how. I delete all my logs, and do all the stuff you should to keep it hidden. Anyway said person (herein reffered to as 'Asshat') hacked my gateway with ease and proceeded to stop several downloads. While frustrating I didn't think to much of it. I figured Asshat was just sending me a message in his own way saying 'don't leave your IP lying around.'

Then today he hacked me again, stopped all my programs, and attempted to delete everything. Fortunatley a friend of mine went into my gateway to give me some more useful files and noticed the deletes. She stopped all of them but now I'm pissed. How the hell am I supposed to enjoy and play the game when Asshat is just going to keep coming onto my gateway and deleting my stuff.

I can't finish missions to get money because he cancels the processes involved before they finish, I can't download new software, for f**k's sake I can't do anything

The only solution I can find for the problem is obviously to change my IP but if I can't finish missions to get the money to do that how the hell am I supposed to continue playing the game?

I don't know if this has happened to anyone else but right now I'm thinking something needs to be put in place so new guys actually have a chance at moving up in the world without waiting for revelation day.
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 05:55:49 PM »

Usually people don't griev so bad. Changing your password is a temporary halter and costs no HPD, but they can just hack you again of course. Always have the HPD for a IP change ready. But i see what you are saying, you can't make that HPD to even do that.

PM someone bigger than you, they will soon take care of the aforementioned 'asshat'
People are generally kinder than you'd expect in this game.

My user ID is 11703 if you need a hand.

Pyromaniac

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 08:30:16 PM »

Thanks for the offer but I managed to change my IP. I just did like the 20 HPD deletion missions that take like 10 minutes. Finally managed to get enough HPD for the IP change. If I have problems with this guy again I'll contact you  5
Exousia
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 09:31:28 PM »

Such hostility is quite unusual without provocation. I would be interested to find out who it was/is. There are a lot of players who do not participate on the forum, but play regularly, so we only know a fraction of the players. Be advised that, while there are the occasional flame fests here on the forum, we do generally help one another out when asked.

Feel free to request aid from any one of us if this kind of activity occurs again so maybe we can figure out who is engaged in such behavior and what their problem is.
anti_theta

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 12:57:50 AM »

your name sounds familiar, you wouldn't happen to have been downloading from michalconrad's server last week? if that was you, sorry about the downloads, collateral damage from me teaching him to respect my fileshares, but his files were the only ones I attempted to delete.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 01:13:27 AM by anti_theta » Logged
Pyromaniac

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 03:25:20 PM »

Actually I was downloading from him at one point... 300 hour downloads though. Not going to lie: I didn't miss them.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: