The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 27, 2024, 02:51:09 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Down with the mega-corporations!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Print
Author Topic: SoTL shows their true colors  (Read 62822 times)
Exousia
« Reply #105 on: October 31, 2008, 09:50:47 PM »

As far as forum accounts go, don't believe anything you can't see in-game. It's all hearsay here, and some people have a handful of forum accounts. Keep in mind however, that a forum account could be created to bait your enemy into an awkward position, to give away information under false pretenses.

Enough from me and my two cents, back to hittin' the streams.

QFT

Also remember that Gold accounts can rename their servers and sometimes do to misrepresent themselves or implicate others.

Hacking and war require the use of the tools of misdirection.
Thek3mp
« Reply #106 on: October 31, 2008, 10:38:10 PM »

wow you were in my server? and 2 others were aswell? and theres NO damage?
wow you rather talking bullnuts or whoever was "attacking" me is thick in the head.
Thek3mp
« Reply #107 on: October 31, 2008, 11:10:04 PM »

oh then? you call 2 0.1 adwares and 0.5 hide damage? for 2 people its still sucky
Exousia
« Reply #108 on: October 31, 2008, 11:27:12 PM »

My only point, Hidden Zombie Tech, was that it's difficult to really pin the blame on people. Any discussion here, on the forums, is mere speculation. Even the presentation of logs here can be constructed or manipulated to prove one's own point. Therefore, we can't go rushing to pin blame on people.

And, just because someone's IP was on the logs of another server, it doesn't prove that they were an attacker, just that they were there.

It's just as misguided to blame you for the server "Start of Something New" as it is to blame myself for it. The possibility exists, but that alone does not make it so.

See: McCarthyism.
Xirad

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 31, 2008, 11:36:22 PM »

Im m1sf17, and i hit Thek3mp.

Confession? Sarcasm?

lol, who knows. But anything is possible, and is probably closer to the mark than we realize,  5

Hmm....
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 01, 2008, 12:25:12 AM »

Wait one second here.
You have multiple personalities?
all jokes aside,  1 how can you be m1 if he's talking to you?
I'm confused.  13
I do express my apologies for framing you. I am a bit jumpy with all this rev stuff..
I think now that we've eliminated (although, with hacking, you can never be to sure. dun duun DUN!) two 'potential' suspects, we'll have to continue the search until we can get some evidence.
Xirad

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 01, 2008, 10:24:10 AM »

As far as forum accounts go, don't believe anything you can't see in-game. It's all hearsay here, and some people have a handful of forum accounts. Keep in mind however, that a forum account could be created to bait your enemy into an awkward position, to give away information under false pretenses.

Enough from me and my two cents, back to hittin' the streams.

It's not that hard to lie,  13
But it's just as equally "hard" to let a little truth slip through. Sometimes the truth can be just as destructive as a carefully planned lie..

On a seperate note... does anyone know how much longer SGP's Revs and SoTL's Revs have until they are done reformatting or deleting them?

EDIT: Just read HJ's post. But what are the delete times or reformat times on the servers with the installs?

Hmm....
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 01, 2008, 11:28:13 AM »

Yeah, I'm still worried about someone lying, but at least SoTL has decided to stop.
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 01, 2008, 04:10:38 PM »

aw crap. ZT does want to kill us.
Thek3mp
« Reply #114 on: November 01, 2008, 04:12:08 PM »

on a different note, who logged into my server, covered their tracks and is waiting for me to log out? its a shame you wont get to damage me.

and seb, if he does, theres probably no doubt that he wont be forgiven next round
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 01, 2008, 04:15:24 PM »

Heheh, do I hear a 30-60v10 all on the revelation users?
Thek3mp
« Reply #116 on: November 01, 2008, 04:18:01 PM »

why doesnt some rich dude like go CRAZY and buy loads and loads of wizard hacker ips, theres no way 10 people with multiple servers can not be untouched by a guy with enough money
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 01, 2008, 04:32:18 PM »

yeah, but there are many wizard hackers out there, Nearly a hundred. There's a low chance now that the IP thing let's you get hackers you already know.
Exousia
« Reply #118 on: November 01, 2008, 04:37:36 PM »

That's okay. We have secured the final element. It's nearly here. The entire HP community will pay for SGP's atrocities.

I'll believe it when it happens.  16

At least you're not claiming any just or noble purpose, just stating outright that you are going to punish us all for SGP's alleged crimes. Gotta give you that.
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 01, 2008, 04:41:42 PM »

SGP hasn't really commited any crimes.  bodyguard
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Print
Jump to: