The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 26, 2024, 03:53:09 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Print
Author Topic: SoTL shows their true colors  (Read 62812 times)
Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2008, 02:54:12 PM »

Heh. I'll work towards a common goal, but if I'm working with SGP/ARC, I won't like it. Sorry, guys, but I just don't trust you.
jimmi33

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2008, 02:55:53 PM »

Then work with me.

I'm both new to the game and to ARC and SGP i dont know why the attack you and i havent helped them yet to attack you.
Exousia
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2008, 04:50:27 PM »

And work with me, Raistlin. I may not have all the hardware or the tools that either of you have, but now that you guys are seeing my true point here, I'm going to come out and say it:

It doesn't matter whether you like/trust SGP and ARC or not, we need everyone to pitch in together on this or my comments of despair and discouragement will come to fruition. Even if we fail, we will be able to say that, for one shining moment we set aside or differences and made a difference in this game.

(I almost want to barf after saying such cheery things, but you get the idea.  5 )
Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2008, 05:09:07 PM »

Alright. I've already put my two cents in, though. We need SoTL and SGP to delete their copies, and we need to somehow destroy the other copies WITHOUT using Rev to do it.

Here's the way I see it going down (at least, the way it COULD go down, and one which actually lets everybody walk away). SGP has deletes running, SoTL has installs and formats, some random schmuck has nothing going.  Ideally, SGP and SoTL will erase their copies, and we'll use malware (logic bombs, perhaps?) to try and keep the other Rev at a low version. Of course, this is counterable, but hey, it's the best I can think of right now.
Exousia
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2008, 05:19:38 PM »

It's better than nothing, but that means we gotta convince Ebolla to delete. I can understand him/SGP not wanting to give in to terrorist demands, but the only true threat here is that researching copy by drzejb. SoTL and SGP both claim to be willing to delete, but I think we need to be prepared for the possibility that one of them does not. Do we have a Faith capable of killing those 2.452 Revs? Even if they're too high to stop, we should at least start some outside disinfects ASAP.

I'd like to see Rio and some of the others in on this too. I'd also like to see at least a temporary armistice with regards to all hostilities not directed at Rev from those who read this so we can get something done about this Rev threat. We can resume snipping at one another after we take care of this problem.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 05:21:22 PM by Exousia » Logged
Raistlin

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2008, 05:26:13 PM »

Yeah, there's a 2.5 Faith in existence now. Personally, I've only got a 2.2, but if anybody actually installs a v2.4, I'll definitely upgrade.

I realize there's a chance that somebody won't delete; problem is, I can't plan for that. If that happens, we're already screwed, cause whoever it is WANTS there to be the possibility of Doomsday.

And yeah, I'm willing to promise I won't tag anybody till this all blows over, unless they tag me first, but I'm a lot more amiable than most people on here ;)
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2008, 05:28:20 PM »

I'd love to kill revs, but I don't have good servers.  10
Exousia
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2008, 05:34:48 PM »

I'm behind too, Seb, but we can crack and break defenses and copy/paste logs and anything else we can think of. I'm hoping to have built up one of my servers before too long so it can run the Faith v2.5, but that's going to be a while for me, so that's why I'm saying we should stop attacking one another until this blows over. There are a lot of high power players out there not getting involved because of petty grips form the past who can run Faith v2.5 and those are the ones we most need in on this right now.

If someone would be so kind as to make public a copy of Faith v2.5 the others could download, that might speed things up. I'm sure I could house on one of mine but I definitely couldn't run it.
Xirad

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2008, 05:56:58 PM »

The only problem is that if we ever have to use the 2.5 Faith, chances are we are screwed anyways. Somewhere they put down how long it would take to disinfect, but the gist of it was that all they have to do is have 10 people willing to do it, and one installs the 2.45, and it all falls down like dominoes.

What we really need to do, is for someone to install drzejbs Rev virus, hopefully stopping him from researching it. And then we can both negate his defences, and anti-virus it. Unless he can stop the activations remotely.

Edit: It may seem contrary, but as long as he cant kill the disinfects or the activation remotely... then it essentially leaves his server open to us. Then, after the disinfect, someone uploads a nice v 5 malware, and we no longer have to worry about that particular server, lol
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 05:59:10 PM by Xirad » Logged

Hmm....
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2008, 05:58:26 PM »

I could do some scans, if that's useful right now  confused2
Exousia
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2008, 06:02:19 PM »

"Start of Something New" which has a Rev 1.0 housed on it is still under noobie protection. Judging from how slow things are going, there may well be insufficient support to make it happen. We should have an arsenal of Faith v2.5 ready to act when a Rev gets installed. We may just be spinning our wheels if there are actually enough people working on this, but I'd say that it's unlikely that they're collaborating and we're working with a discordant group. Assuming that SoTL and SGP are both true to their word, there really are only two copies out there posing any kind of a threat. I realize that puts a lot of trust in both SoTL and SGP, but it would still take both of them to install their copies to cause Revelation Day. I believe we have a better chance at this than the numbers may say we do.
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2008, 06:05:21 PM »

running a scan on both, it seems like the best I can do.
Exousia
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2008, 06:07:18 PM »

running a scan on both, it seems like the best I can do.

Everything helps, Seb.

We shouldn't get bogged down by what we can't do, but focus on what we can do.
Seb

I never sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2008, 06:07:49 PM »

Okay then, I just thought it was redundant, as almost anyone can scan!  16
Exousia
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2008, 06:09:13 PM »

<shrug> Maybe. Don't know, don't care. As long as we're acting.

Would it be too cliché to shout, "THIS ... IS ... SPARTA!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Print
Jump to: