The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 27, 2024, 01:25:13 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being illegal doesn't make it wrong."
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Want all the secret IPs?  (Read 9637 times)
HJ®
« on: December 23, 2008, 05:51:32 AM »

Considering this forum states 'Anything related to the Hacker Project game.', I just thought I would point out that if you log in to the test user, you can view all 200 secret IPs. Simply copy them down et voila.

I did not do this, and I do not endorse it in any way  12

Just stating a fact.

EDIT: Leave it to Arthur Dent to actually post all 200 secret IP's, thus ruining this topic.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 07:16:54 AM by Hatejacket » Logged
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 02:55:00 PM »

What would you say if the secret servers would change IP once in a while?

Now this won't be sudden or anything, they would change IP randomly on periods ranging from 7 days - 14 days.
You would see a localhost process on them stating the time left until the IP change...

When they change IP, all virii lose connection, all missions on it are revoked, all IP Db data needs to be found again  laugh

Would that make things more interesting?

kriszke

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 02:57:03 PM »

It would be cool, but a format HDD should go with it too.
Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 03:04:08 PM »

Now this won't be sudden or anything, they would change IP randomly on periods ranging from 7 days - 14 days.
You would see a localhost process on them stating the time left until the IP change...

When they change IP, all virii lose connection, all missions on it are revoked, all IP Db data needs to be found again  laugh

Things would get more interesting if you would ignore fools like HJ and focuss on what the game needs to become the great game it was not so long ago..

termul

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 05:10:37 PM »

Take a deep breath HJ, don't get tempted to respond to this post ^^  19
HJ®
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 05:14:20 PM »

It's okay, Termul. Donn's pathetic attempt at trolling every one of my topics is still at a level of uber fail 1
HJ®
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 05:24:26 PM »

If the IP change happened at the same time the server upgraded, that's just fine. I haven't needed to hunt a secret IP in over a week because I have them all. Jager, one of my trusted group members, manages to keep our secret IP list updated almost every day with protection levels. He also attempts to keep every one cracked and does a d**n good job in doing so.

Of course, the HDD overload problem would need to be fixed.

Perhaps the servers would format HDD with a change of IP? That way the HDD overload problem can be more easily solved, and the format can come with an IP change. Protection levels can be changed at that point, and thus they wouldn't be entirely out of the blue. Instead of having the secrets full of unconnected virii (Which we can do nothing about except use a virus breaker, in which case the servers will eventually be formatting + changing IP before a virus capture completes it's task) This would also be a legitimate reason for all of the missions to be nixed.

I think if this were to happen, when you lose a mission, it should not read: # mission(s) have been removed having been completed by someone else!

Instead it should read: # mission(s) have been revoked by the Mega-Corporations!

What do you think, Emi?
gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008, 05:58:24 PM »

lol emi, I thought you were going to say that it "randomly" ip changes one secret server per hour or something....

Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2008, 06:09:56 PM »

It's okay, Termul. Donn's pathetic attempt at trolling every one of my topics is still at a level of uber fail 1

Dont feel honoured that Im mentioning you mate. And always the same "Donn troll fail bla bla bla" is getting boring. I demand some new words that are linked to my name d**n it! HJ, get creative!
HJ®
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2008, 06:19:44 PM »

Uhh, well..I don't have enough marijuana to get creative at this point, give me a few hours.

(Ugh, apparently a few more hours, because all I can come up with is the fact that Dawn is a girl's name :P)
gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2008, 08:28:59 PM »

and that would only work hj if he was spellin his name that way... but he has it spelled the way it should be...

HJ®
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2008, 08:59:45 PM »

Nice observation, Sherlock!  12
Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2008, 02:49:38 AM »

Nice observation, Sherlock!  12

Yeah he's good at that observing things and people.. Yeah.. Really.. And also.. The idea of observing and gs059. Yes. Thats what I wanted to say!

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2008, 02:28:42 PM »

Yes, I do think this would make things more interesting. We can adjust the random timer of the IP Change, could be 10 - 20 days.

The IP Change process will appear on each secret server on the Running Tasks page, so if you see it changes in a couple hours or so it may not be wise to start big missions / virii etc.

With the virii and their losing of connection, I think the mega-corps will completely remove any virii from the server with the IP Change. Should be like a full diagnostics of the server.

With the HDD overload problem, I think a higher increase to HDD / server upgrade should do the trick.

With the missions being reassigned, maybe there will be no notification, or maybe revoked notification, we'll see.

Merry Christmas!!!

HJ®
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2008, 02:30:19 PM »

I've posted a formal suggestion and worked it a bit. Could you check that out, please? Its in the suggestions section.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: