The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 01:54:58 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: YOU ARE INFECTED!  (Read 26082 times)
Exousia
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2009, 11:05:01 PM »

Original text...

You see as well at twenty feet as the average person sees at zero feet? You have super human sight now, bud.

Due to dyslexia, I got the numbers reversed, but the idea is still the same: 0/20 is extreme far-sightedness while 20/200 is legally blind so you may be more 20/infinity is what you were going for. :P

ohhh,.......uh my friend must have mistyped it cause I told him in morse code to put 20/infinity...... hmm

I dunno... I was just pulling stuff out of my butt and ended up being hoisted on my own petard and trying feebly to save face.

I officially give up.  16 I know approximately what the numbers represent being horribly nearsighted myself, but I'm not entirely certain what fully blind would be represented as, if anything.
Sin15698

Only those you trust can betray you.

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2009, 11:11:49 PM »

I dunno... I was just pulling stuff out of my butt and ended up being hoisted on my own petard and trying feebly to save face.

ummm I'm only in second year spanish and my translator is broken...... My decoders have started working on this but they said it is a highly developed code that is harder to break then the Russian's code was..... confused shed some light on us about your secret speak?  angel_not

It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.
Exousia
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2009, 11:50:07 PM »

That's because it's French and no one understand the French, not even the French!
Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2009, 12:14:41 AM »

That's because it's French and no one understand the French, not even the French!

I understand French lol :P
Exousia
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2009, 12:15:49 AM »

I understand French lol :P

I don't, but I'm pretty sure the word "petard" is French. I only know English, German, Japanese, and Spanish.
Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2009, 01:34:19 AM »

Babylon English-English    Bladeren     

petard
n. explosive device, bomb

Wikipedia English - The Free Encyclopedia    Bladeren     

Petard
A petard was a medieval small bomb used to blow up gates and walls when breaching fortifications.
A petard mortar was the demolition weapon fitted to the Churchill AVRE tank. It was a mortar of a 290 mm bore, known to its crews as the "flying dustbin" due to the characteristics of its projectile: an unaerodynamic 20 kg charge, sufficient to demolish many bunkers and earthworks and even disable a  Tiger tank, which could be fired up to 100 m.

You're right ^^

I've learned dutch (motherlanguage), french, english, german and good ol' latin in school. Also 1 year of good ol' greek..

This doesn't mean I can speak them all fluently though  laugh
Exousia
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2009, 01:59:13 AM »

I certainly don't speak German, Japanese or Spanish fluently, but being multilingual at all is odd for a yank, wouldn't you say?  laugh

We don't get much encouragement to learn about other cultures and languages here in the States.
Sin15698

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2009, 12:28:05 AM »

Hmm.... this seems to be a paradox! I'll have to examnie it closer....... *dink* frusty , well my head hit the screen..... thats enough sleep for today  5

Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2009, 12:57:14 AM »

I certainly don't speak German, Japanese or Spanish fluently, but being multilingual at all is odd for a yank, wouldn't you say?  laugh

We don't get much encouragement to learn about other cultures and languages here in the States.

Well done lad!  13
Exousia
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2009, 02:02:08 AM »

Well done lad!  13

I was gonna say more but I didn't want to hurt anyone's political feelings and get told to "love it or leave it" or some such nonsense.
Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2009, 02:25:11 AM »

You have my attention now  16

Send me a private message otherwise with what you were going to say  laugh
Exousia
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2009, 02:53:50 AM »

Message sent.  13
Sin15698

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2009, 06:46:28 PM »

Speaking of forgin languages, whats "Du doch nicht!" mean? confused

Exousia
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2009, 07:36:00 PM »

Literally: "Not you."

Actually: "You and who else?"
Similar to the phrase, "You and what army?"

Reference: It was painted on the tail fins of many World War I German fighter planes to taunt the Allies who were attempting to shoot them down, basically to indicate that it would take more than their pathetic selves to take them down. German planes were notoriously more maneuverable and more heavily armed so it often literally took more than one Allied pilot to do the job.
Sin15698

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2009, 10:57:20 PM »

Literally: "Not you."

Actually: "You and who else?"
Similar to the phrase, "You and what army?"

Reference: It was painted on the tail fins of many World War I German fighter planes to taunt the Allies who were attempting to shoot them down, basically to indicate that it would take more than their pathetic selves to take them down. German planes were notoriously more maneuverable and more heavily armed so it often literally took more than one Allied pilot to do the job.

Cool, how's it prononced?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to: