The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 28, 2024, 07:00:46 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Down with the mega-corporations!
Poll
Question: If we had a forum moderator to appoint, who would it be?
Araeus
Arthur Dent
DamascuS
Donn
Exousia
Gs 059
Hatejacket
Human (Apache)
Jager
Jimmi33
Krieger
M1sf17
Moen Co. (Conome)
Nagitof
PlyPencil
Raistlin
RavenXP
Seb
Termul
Tiak
Virus Man (Ebolla)
Xirad
Other (Specify)
We Do Not Need A Moderator

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: If we had a forum moderator to appoint, who would it be?  (Read 16353 times)
Exousia
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2009, 11:35:31 PM »

I have been a so called moderator and it should be called what it is.. (Janitor) duties- reorganize , clean , listen to what the mass and the individual has to say, tell the principal what the hub bub is about, be friendly to the mass , take no sides within the mass.  They say "Cleanliness is next to Godliness" I say "Godliness is Organization!!"
jmo

lulz
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2009, 03:38:44 PM »

I have been a so called moderator and it should be called what it is.. (Janitor) duties- reorganize , clean , listen to what the mass and the individual has to say, tell the principal what the hub bub is about, be friendly to the mass , take no sides within the mass.  They say "Cleanliness is next to Godliness" I say "Godliness is Organization!!"
jmo

That sounds about right  13

Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2009, 03:39:34 PM »

Well are you going to give the divine powers of moderating to someone?

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2009, 03:42:52 PM »

Well are you going to give the divine powers of moderating to someone?

So far the results are what I had in mind, the best people wound be Donn and Exousia.

Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2009, 03:50:31 PM »

I think Exousia would fit good. Is it some way to see who voted on me? Im really curious.

HJ®
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2009, 03:53:51 PM »

I would expect to see Exousia over Donn, simply for a first language/grammatical preference.
Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2009, 03:56:28 PM »

I would expect to see Exousia over Donn, simply for a first language/grammatical preference.

I have to agree with HJ here that this can indeed be a problem for me.

I don't mind standing behind Exousia and helping him out when necessary. As long as the game and the community profits from the changes made.
Exousia
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2009, 04:47:53 PM »

I was aware that Donn was not a native English speaker only recently. To his credit, he speaks it better than most native English speakers. lol
Succubus

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2009, 05:20:46 PM »

^^^ That's what I told him, too!

Oh crappy crapperson, -ton, dot org.
Sin15698

Only those you trust can betray you.

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2009, 10:13:21 PM »

I was aware that Donn was not a native English speaker only recently. To his credit, he speaks it better than most native English speakers. lol

Hold on... he isn't native english??? confused people shoud write this stuff in their profiles.... confused2

It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.
Exousia
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2009, 11:03:41 PM »

Hold on... he isn't native english??? confused people shoud write this stuff in their profiles.... confused2

Why?
Deavas

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2009, 11:08:40 PM »

^ Yeah that
Andreas

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2009, 08:31:53 AM »

Why?

So you can see who talks wierd without actually reading their posts which allows you to ignore people with flawless english because its not their native language. d**n, Im so going to write that under my avatar.

Succubus

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2009, 10:40:50 AM »

You'd be surprised. Your written english is better than many Americans. I don't think letting people know that english isn't your first language is necessary. You're great. Americans seem to have greater difficulty with punctuation, which is what makes for more difficult reading than just an occasional misconjugated verb, or improper pronoun.

Oh crappy crapperson, -ton, dot org.
gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2009, 11:33:28 AM »

You'd be surprised. Your written english is better than many Americans. I don't think letting people know that english isn't your first language is necessary. You're great. Americans seem to have greater difficulty with punctuation, which is what makes for more difficult reading than just an occasional misconjugated verb, or improper pronoun.

that is because when you learn english first, you are learning on the fly, so you do not get to learn all of the rules, so than when it is time to learn the rules of the language, people get bored and just ignore what is going on in the classroom.... when you are learning as a second, third, or later language, than they are learning the rules first, than how to speek, that and they actually care about learning because they want the knowledge.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to: