The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 19, 2024, 08:49:59 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being legal doesn't make it right."
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: AP kills growth  (Read 9326 times)
Exousia
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2009, 12:22:24 AM »

An excellent point, Araeus. I had failed to take the IP change into consideration because I have not gone hunting for the secret servers since the IP change update was implemented.

Few would dispute that PvP needs some, uh, retooling, however, there must be more to do than just sit around staring at one another even now.
Sin15698

Only those you trust can betray you.

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2009, 03:04:14 AM »

Have I been missusing fractions this entire time? I really thought it was fraction not faction... but whats the difference anyway?

I haven't searched for IP's since they changed either... it's too much work to do over and over again...

It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.
Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2009, 05:11:58 AM »

Playing a game = a lot of work? Yes that's right ;-)

virus man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2009, 10:16:55 AM »

The AP system, while it slows down the growth of the top players also prevents new players from being able to actually catch up to the top players.  This has been the main flaw with it.  However the Pros do out weigh the Cons with the system.

On another note I want to say congrats to Donn and Exousia on becoming mods.  I hope that the both of you are ready for the grief that comes with being mods however I hope that you will temper your judgments so that we do not have issues such as in the past with certain people getting banned for stating the same things that the both of you had already stated.

I have time and time again provided Titam with options to increase the PvP aspect of the game as well as improve the AP system.  He has declined from replying each time.  Back when SGP did all the testing on Revelations and Faith, I had suggested that Revelations be killable with an AP cost equal to half of what Revelations costs to activate.  Same thing with Faith.   Otherwise as it stands Revelations is impossible to prevent from happening.

I only hope that the two of you are actually listened to by Titam.  I know many here on the forums and within the game always thought that SGP was going for changes that would better SGP however over 75% of the suggestions by SGP members actually would have hurt us in round 1.  Yet because of how effective we were Titam felt we were not to be trusted and our suggestions were not worthy of consideration.  Hence why almost every suggestion SGP made directly was ignored.  We have had better success by going through other people to get ideas suggested and avoided commenting on them to get Titam to actually listen.

Mind you I am not stating this to berate Titam but to make a point.  And that is that I hope the suggestions you both propose, many of which were already proposed in the past by SGP or discussed via IRC by SGP, actually happen this time.

I do not know if I will continue past round 2.  The flavour that these forums have taken on has become somewhat distasteful especially with some of the "newer" players that have joined the forums.   That combined with the awesome expansion to Lord of the Rings Online which has won several awards already and the upcoming, highly anticipated expansion to Eve-Online which has the current tournaments finals being shown on live at Eve TV that will go live in March will probably be taking up most of my time.

The SGP Forums will stay up and running until further notice.  So you will always be able to get a hold of me there.

I will catch you on the flip side and will continue to provide assistance to those who ask to the best of my ability.

Ebolla

SGP is opening their forums for all.  From now on all Tutorials and Help files that SGP releases will be available there.

SGP's Forums.

New World Order
Exousia
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2009, 03:29:23 PM »

Have I been misusing fractions this entire time? I really thought it was fraction not faction... but whats the difference anyway?

lol

A fraction is a ratio in math: 4/5

A faction is a political or social entity with a particular agenda, usually a sub-group or break-away group of a larger entity. (Loose definition.)

Donn and I are currently discussing with one another what our agenda and goals will be as moderators for this community. We have already agreed to continue to endeavor to improve the game and improve the community. Over the next few days we will be discussing methods to accomplish these goals and you will see some of our plans implemented including communication channels between the "staff" and the players.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 12:01:04 AM by Exousia » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: