The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 24, 2024, 10:38:37 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Don't be evil."
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: AP kills growth  (Read 9331 times)
Cookie_II

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2009, 12:46:04 PM »

Now I just started playing Hacker Project I have enjoyed it so far but I have gotten to a crossroads where AP is killing my growth. it cost to much AP to do the normal things within the game. The max you can have without buying any with real money is 5000 and you only get 1440 a day. Right now I can only install or activate 2 2.0 Fileshare"s in a single day and I can not do anything else because I will not have anymore AP points.

It does not make any since to crack secert servers unless I am looking for better software to download. I can see that since the secert servers's ip's have been changing that mission are not being done anymore and the missions that cost over 20k can never be accopmlished because there is not enough time before the ip changes again. viruses are not being installed because it is not cost effective anymore.

It is getting kind of boring for me because I am not able to do much without any AP's. I use to go through and crack all the secert servers, do the missions, install viruses and so forth and stay busy. Also research diferent files to upgrade them. Now that I am working on building my income up I am not able to do the other things within the game.

I just can not multi task like I was before to get where I am. Now it seems that I can work on building my income, if I am not doing that I can work on researches or I can go around and do missions and so on...

I thought I would just put in my two cents about the game as it is right now.
jimmi33

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 01:37:18 PM »

I coulden't agree more with you Cookie_II AP really is a game killer.
Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 02:12:35 PM »

AP

atention What will cost AP from now on

- Installing Virus
- Disinfecting Virus
- Capturing Virus
- Identifying Virus

- Change IP
- Change Password
- Format HDD

- Complete Research
- Crack Password

Reason

To limit the top players from becoming gods

atention What will not cost AP anymore

- Encrypt / Decrypt
- Hide / Unhide

- Kill Process
- Remote Delete File

- Complete Upload / Download

Reason

Improve PvP and motivate people to do missions again and to be active

Secret Servers

atention Change IP

3/4 of the Secret Servers will change IP every month: All will be able to battle every month again for their BW..

Reason

Improve PvP and motivate people to install Virii on the Secret Servers again. Also motivate people to crack all the servers and do missions, because at the current speed of IP changes, a lot of people stopped cracking / doing them.

atention Change Password and Format HDD

1/4 of the Secret Servers will only format their HDD and change password every month: newbies will not be forced to search IP's again and will have a chance to place their Virii on the servers again. Kbs on these servers should be limited to 100 kbs to make sure the top players won't be interested in taking these servers and to make sure that also the newbies are motivated to do some PvP.

Reason

See above.

Missions

atention How fast will missions spawn on the 150 first servers

The rate at which they spawn stays the same but the deletes should go faster and therefor they should give less HPD also. The really big missions will no longer exist or will have the same adjustments as the others.

Reason

Top players should focus less on missions and more on virii and research, which results into more PvP

atention How fast will missions spawn on the 50 "newbie" servers

They will spawn a lot faster and will have a max of 2k HPD reward.

Reason

Top players won't come and steal these missions due to the low rewards.

NOTE

- Missions from the "150" servers still spawn on the "newbie" servers and vice-versa.

- Protections from the "newbie" servers are significantly lower than the protection from the "150" servers. Ofcourse lets not make the gap too big.

- The file increase is lowered. Plus max V.5 every week. At the moment this round is celebrating his 9th week and we have protections v16 and normal files v13. Considering my suggestion, they would increase 2 times as slow, which would result in more research. No point in researching some file when it's possible that by the end of the week another, better file spawns on a secret server.

atention I'm hoping that people will respond to this post with a decent post because I myself have done a lot of effort to make this post. When we have come to some sort of agreement, I will send this to Emi ingame and to his mail and try to persuade him to consider the suggestions we've made as a community.  atention

jimmi33

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 02:16:54 PM »

I like your idear with AP but it still does not change the fact that it will mean a lot of us will be unable to do a thing ^^

About the secret servers i can't say a thing. It is to much work to do for to less money once you get a farm.
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 03:09:43 PM »

The problem is that you need AP as a limiting factor, otherwise those few who have nothing better to do will just sit there all day and never stop playing, meaning the more leisurely players will be left behind with no hope of ever matching them.

Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 03:55:06 PM »

You'll have more AP each day when you would input the suggestions I made about it.

Ofcourse you need to limit the virii installs. Otherwise some individuals will never be caught up with and will get invincible.
Sin15698

Only those you trust can betray you.

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 07:13:52 PM »

Ap does nothing but keep the top players as the top players. Without AP you could play hard and long and become first. Sure the people who play more will be first, but where is that not true? In real life if you work a 60 hour week you don't get the same pay as someone who works 10 hours a week, unless your in a comunist society that is. With AP you can work as hard as you want but being a months worth of AP behind the top players will keep you in the dust for a long long time. The only way to catch up would be with serious assitance from the top players...

Now I always have maximum AP cause I hardly use mine but I still think it is a terrible limiting factor. If you want to limit the time players stay online, then get rid of AP and make all timers take 10x as long. Players can then do whatever they want whenever they want but they will have to wait that extra hour to complete a task, therefore they won't log in as much to play. But that brings us to another point. Why would you want to keep players from playing your game?

(About time you posted cookie  1 and on such a good topic)

It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.
Cookie_II

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 07:16:23 PM »

Donn you did put a lot of thought into it and it does sound good. There does need to be a limit placed on top players from advancing way out of reach. And I do believe that something has to be done about the secert servers changing IP's it is happening way to fast right now.

Here is a thought I want to throw out there put a limit based on power or rank on what servers you can install viruses. Or another way of looking at it or doing it is limit the # of viruses that you can have outside of your farm to give others a chance to install some. Just some thoughts running through my head.
Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 07:49:15 PM »

Ap does nothing but keep the top players as the top players. Without AP you could play hard and long and become first. Sure the people who play more will be first, but where is that not true? In real life if you work a 60 hour week you don't get the same pay as someone who works 10 hours a week, unless your in a comunist society that is. With AP you can work as hard as you want but being a months worth of AP behind the top players will keep you in the dust for a long long time. The only way to catch up would be with serious assitance from the top players...

Now I always have maximum AP cause I hardly use mine but I still think it is a terrible limiting factor. If you want to limit the time players stay online, then get rid of AP and make all timers take 10x as long. Players can then do whatever they want whenever they want but they will have to wait that extra hour to complete a task, therefore they won't log in as much to play. But that brings us to another point. Why would you want to keep players from playing your game?

(About time you posted cookie  1 and on such a good topic)

I don't think that you realize that a top player doesn't have to do anything to stay top, when there is no more AP.

All top players are "weaker" than they could be because of AP.

Our growth would be too exponential.

Not to mention the research we could do..

Oh well..
jimmi33

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 11:17:13 AM »

That is right Donn but what fun is it to log on install 10 fs v 0.5 and log out again? That really is a game killer.

I earn more money then i can use because of AP and i am sure im not the only one. When i say i earn more money then i can use then i mean that BW cost a certain amount and the AP cost to install a file is a certain amount and i can upgrade my BW far more then i have AP to install FS for.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 03:52:04 PM by jimmi33 » Logged
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2009, 04:13:10 PM »

I would probably have double or triple my farm size right now if not for AP.

I think the problem with HP right now is that there isn't enough variety of things to do.  Sure I can hack people, but what am I going to do. Well I can a) hide or delete all their stuff or b) try to download and steal it... or c) kill their processes.  But if you don't go out and hack people then you can either a) try to keep up with all the secrets or b) sit on your ass and work on your farm.

What we really need is new types of missions and more things to do.

Exousia
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2009, 06:15:01 PM »

You're right, we do need more to do, however, there are other mission types in the works, including "Data Liberation" and "virus disruption." Unfortunately, there is no deadline for this set as of yet. Factions will be implemented too, probably by the next reset at the latest and, as this goes hand in hand with virus disruption, the two will, most likely, arrive at the same time.
Sin15698

Only those you trust can betray you.

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2009, 06:22:04 PM »

Hey Exousia, your a mod now! Congatz  5
"Exousia
Global Moderator
Hero Member"
*Edit*
Donn your also a mod! Congratz also
"Donn
Global Moderator
Sr. Member"

Having fractions and those new missions will probaly put a little back into the game, but who can say for sure?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 06:23:51 PM by Sin15698 » Logged

It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.
Exousia
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2009, 07:18:16 PM »

You and your fractions....

Having factions and those new missions will probably put a little back into the game, but who can say for sure?

We'll know for sure when it happens. Let's not overlook what's happening now, however, and drive ourselves nuts waiting for changes to be implemented when there are things we could be doing now like forming groups which will work together thereby stretching out AP usage over multiple accounts. It requires a level of trust, but SGP, EoD, etc. showed us that it can work. This will create factions now who can fight over virii territory and such.
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2009, 10:25:59 PM »

The thing is now that secret servers IP change claiming "Virii territory" is pretty tough to do.

I think the secret server IP change was a crappy update.  Think about if you were playing a game and controlled territory which you used to make money, and all of a sudden that territory up and moved which causes all of your money making buildings to be demolished.  That doesn't seem too fun now does it?  What's the point in even installing a virus on a secret server if it's just going to IP change in a week or so anyway.

Totally killed any sort of PVP on the secret servers imho, and I know that emi is looking to add in PVP sorts of mission on farms and such but it would be nice to have PVP in both settings if you ask me.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: