The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 06:39:28 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever."
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Exousia  (Read 24934 times)
Exousia
« on: February 08, 2009, 04:56:20 AM »

As I am a moderator now, I think it's past time for me to formally introduce myself. laugh

I'm one of those ornery California residents. I've pretty much lived within fifty miles of where I was born for all but seven years of my slightly over thirty years of life and that was still in California. I'm nowhere near the ocean and cannot surf. I don't like sea water or sun or warm days or big cities, but prefer cold, rainy weather and small towns surrounded by thousands of acres of orchards and rice fields. I enjoy camping in the redwood forests around here to get away from people and technology and spend a lot of my free time away from HP cleaning, fixing, and improving my home, car, and whatever else my relatives have that they need to have fixed even if they don't realize it needs fixing. 7

I am married and work part time as a mail carrier up in the hills near where I live. My wife is a herpetologist, which means I've got a shelf full of snakes to my right. (Look it up!) I will be entering a nursing program in April to hopefully supplement my postal service income until I get on a career track. I've got a couple of beagles running around here too which is kind of like having a couple of four-legged two-year-olds who don't talk, just look at you like you're an idiot and try to mooch food off you.

I graduated from university with degrees in computer science and theatre. Yeah, I'm a computer geek and an actor. Strange, eh?

I may or may not answer questions. I'll leave that up to my magic eight ball. 16
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 08:45:47 PM by Donn » Logged
Sin15698

Only those you trust can betray you.

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 12:26:01 PM »

Wow, your almost the opisite of me 16 Your old and like cold weather, small towns, and you don't like sea water  confused2 I couldn't stand not being able to wake up and know that it was going to be sunny (Except this weekend, it finally rained... kinda 19) I hate cold weather, and last but not least, I'm not old  16 I also like the ocean if it's not too cold...

It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.
Exousia
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 10:26:23 PM »

I guess my nursing training will start in two weeks now. Long story short, they had too many people apply so they're putting some in a newly created early session and since it's closer to where I live, I'm opting to go for it. This means I'll be going back to school for a couple months starting in March.
DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 06:57:23 AM »

Hmm, first Donn, and now you, i wonder why all the new players are being made moderators and not the 'older' original players...

No offence to you exousia, or donn either, but it just seems a little odd to me. You would think that the more 'experienced' players would have been given that responsibility. Just a thought.

Andreas

Everything I say has a british sarcastic tone.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 07:50:24 AM »

Congratulations Exousia.
Youre also like an older version of myself living in the country so Im certain you will do a good job as a moderator.

Andreas out.

My sweet Eleonore, show no fear,
for the fearful riders are all ear,
and they smell and tastes every tear.
But more importantly: They aren't here!
Therefore there is no reason to fear.
Not until they ride again, my dear.
Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 09:51:24 AM »

Hmm, first Donn, and now you, i wonder why all the new players are being made moderators and not the 'older' original players...

No offence to you exousia, or donn either, but it just seems a little odd to me. You would think that the more 'experienced' players would have been given that responsibility. Just a thought.

Can you please explain us why we are not experienced players according to you? Could you also tell us who the real experienced players are then?

By the way, we were both appointed as moderators on the same date. So nobody was first.
Ginjitsu

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 12:56:40 PM »

Name:  DamascuS
Position:  Full Member
Date Registered:  July 14, 2008, 12:32:17 PM

Name:  Donn
Position:  Global Moderator
Date Registered:  July 29, 2008, 03:46:03 AM

I guess the 2 week difference makes the difference between experienced and non-experienced???
Exousia
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 04:48:59 PM »

It's also not factoring in prior moderator experience.  16
Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 06:32:26 PM »

Thank you Ginjitsu for your post but it is not my intention to start a silly fight with Dama. I just want to hear his argumentation.

He did say, in a very subtle way, that we don't deserve to be moderators.

It's his right to have this opinion, but it is my right to ask for some argumentation supporting his opinion.

It is ofcourse his right to refuse giving any argumentation..  laugh
DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2009, 01:03:08 PM »

Ok, where to start. First off, i NEVER suggested that either of you were not experienced, if you read that post again you will see that i said "more experienced", and "older", like ebolla and the ex-SGP members. But if i caused offence to you, then tough luck, it is only my opinion, of which i am entitled to. There are players that have been around far longer than even myself, and i was simply expressing my thoughts that they would have been my first choice as moderators.

Veteran players with established reputation and good manners are the best candidates.
Thank you
I offer this as my back-up 1

Name:  DamascuS
Position:  Full Member
Date Registered:  July 14, 2008, 12:32:17 PM

Name:  Donn
Position:  Global Moderator
Date Registered:  July 29, 2008, 03:46:03 AM

I guess the 2 week difference makes the difference between experienced and non-experienced???
I would have thought that you had realised, the forum registration date means nothing in-game. i started the game months prior that. I just never used the forums, a common thing for me, i dont sign-up and get involved in the community until i am sure there is a chance of me staying.

Thank you Ginjitsu for your post but it is not my intention to start a silly fight with Dama. I just want to hear his argumentation.

He did say, in a very subtle way, that we don't deserve to be moderators.

It's his right to have this opinion, but it is my right to ask for some argumentation supporting his opinion.

It is ofcourse his right to refuse giving any argumentation..  laugh
And nor will a silly fight be started, i am nothing like any of the other argumentative adolescents that can be found around these forums 21 16

Now i apologise for not explaining myself properly, but in NO WAY was i saying, subtly or not, that you didnt deserve to be moderators, heck, i am glad there is someone round here to keep control of things, seeing as emi is never here.

So on that note, consider opinions expressed, and consider discussion over. Congrats to you both!  1

Edit: Fixed quote from emi to actually point to the correct post.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 04:25:24 PM by DamascuS » Logged

Deavas

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2009, 07:05:11 PM »

congrats,  Exousia
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2010, 05:44:40 PM »

You're old and like cold weather,

That was coooold  13

I thought i'd add that Exousia has a kid on the way, so congratz to him! (I think  laugh)

Exousia
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2010, 07:04:40 PM »

I am male, last I checked.  16

And I do have a little girl on the way. She's due in August.
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2010, 07:50:06 PM »

your first?

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2010, 08:35:56 PM »

Hey Grats Exousia!!!  You'll beat mine by a couple of months 1