The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 30, 2024, 01:29:33 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Being illegal doesn't make it wrong."
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Revelation.  (Read 8754 times)
jimmi33

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2009, 09:55:58 AM »

Well i was just sitting and thinking.

You need 10 revelations to trigger the countdown and if just 1 remains it happens but what if someone install lets say 15 revelation.

Would we then have to disinfect all 15 or just the 10 first?
Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 12:52:31 PM »

8     jimmi33 (#5924)     8     ONLINE     99.685.753

You're almost there mate!

You could have been more subtle though..
jimmi33

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 03:46:59 PM »

That was really on topic... Good to see you became a moderator <.< Anyways i don't really care about your personal opions and was hopeing for a awnser because if you can activate more then 10 then it would mean even a v 0.1 Rev is unstoppeable since it takes more then 6 hours to disinfect it.

Edit: and if i remember correct then you can't install more then 1 Revelation each person. It might be i just got tired of you can jager doing nothing but buying IPs from the IP dealer and decided to spread some of my files and farms on different servers?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 06:06:23 PM by jimmi33 » Logged
Sin15698

Only those you trust can betray you.

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 06:46:25 PM »

Yeah, each person can only install one Rev. Thats the only question of yours I can answer, I don't know about installing more then ten Revs, but I would like to know.  1

It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.
Donn

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 07:48:05 PM »

That was really on topic... Good to see you became a moderator <.< Anyways i don't really care about your personal opions and was hopeing for a awnser because if you can activate more then 10 then it would mean even a v 0.1 Rev is unstoppeable since it takes more then 6 hours to disinfect it.

Edit: and if i remember correct then you can't install more then 1 Revelation each person. It might be i just got tired of you can jager doing nothing but buying IPs from the IP dealer and decided to spread some of my files and farms on different servers?

Send a private message to Jimmi33 instead of posting off-topic again.

To answer Jimmi's question: I have absolutely no idea and I will try to ask for information about it.
kriszke

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 10:20:53 PM »

I'm pretty sure you can't activate more than 10.
Exousia
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 02:33:16 AM »

http://www.hacker-project.com/index.php?action=guide#a32

Once installed, the virus will begin the process of collecting data for the purpose of starting the Revelation Day or Doom's Day. One information facilitator can only install ONE Revelation virus, regardless of how many servers one owns. Only ONE Revelation virus can be installed on a single server host.

ONE player, ONE install.

The countdown starts as soon as the tenth install occurs.

fter 10 Revelation viruses have been installed, a timer starts to count the last 24 hours before the chain reaction reaches critical state.

There is also a 6 hour gap between installs.

Only ONE Revelation virus can be installed every 6 hours. If another Revelation install process completed, it will notify the remaining time before another Revelation virus can be installed.

Therefore, since there is no language stating that one cannot continue installing Revelation virii after the countdown starts, I would assume that up to 14 installs is possible before the server resets, but that's if you're hitting "complete task" as soon as the countdown hits zero.

Last round the question was asked if it was all installs or enough to drop below ten which need to be disinfected and it was answered by Emi that it was all installs which need to be disinfected. Unlike Revelation, Faith can run concurrently without restriction.

All questions answered?

« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 02:41:24 AM by Exousia » Logged
jimmi33

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 07:15:21 AM »

Yes thanks a lot Exousia. This will mean that the unstoppable version isen't 0.8 anymore.

I just noticed. I still need to know if it would be enough to stop the 10 first revelation?

Or will the once comeing after start their own countdown once it hit 10 revelation?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 07:42:45 AM by jimmi33 » Logged
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 02:41:09 PM »

That's a good question and here are the answers:

Once 10 Rev virii are installed, the Revelation Day starts.

During Revelation Day, no other Rev virii can be installed. The 10 Revs will do battle with the Faith disinfects until there are no more Revs or the Rev Day is complete. Once again, there can be no more Rev installations once the red Revelation Day timer begins.

Revelation Day _can_ be stopped, if all 10 of the Rev virii are disinfected before the Revelation Day is over.
That's why it is so important that the Faith disinfect start as soon as a Rev becomes active.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 02:42:49 PM by siremi » Logged

jimmi33

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2009, 03:27:39 PM »

That's a good question and here are the answers:

Once 10 Rev virii are installed, the Revelation Day starts.

During Revelation Day, no other Rev virii can be installed. The 10 Revs will do battle with the Faith disinfects until there are no more Revs or the Rev Day is complete. Once again, there can be no more Rev installations once the red Revelation Day timer begins.

Revelation Day _can_ be stopped, if all 10 of the Rev virii are disinfected before the Revelation Day is over.
That's why it is so important that the Faith disinfect start as soon as a Rev becomes active.

I thank you for you awnser that really helped me 1
Sin15698

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2009, 06:33:06 PM »

Not really cause if they all need to be stopped then you have to complete a disinfect in less then 24 hours, because of the last install. So it would have to be a very small version in order to stop it, or you implement my idea where the higher Faith is then Rev, the quicker the disinfect.

jimmi33

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 06:47:00 PM »

Not really cause if they all need to be stopped then you have to complete a disinfect in less then 24 hours, because of the last install. So it would have to be a very small version in order to stop it, or you implement my idea where the higher Faith is then Rev, the quicker the disinfect.

I try to explain again why that can't be possible unless there is a limit to it.

If you can do it like that then faith which have no limit in the amount of AP it cost to use can be reseach unlimitly while Revelation which have a high cost in installtion can only be research a certian amount.

Which means you can get the Faith to such a high version that it will disinfect the Revelation before it happens.

This can only be change with a limit then your idea would be stupid.
Sin15698

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2009, 06:50:14 PM »

Not really, someone could delete your super high Faith so it wouldn't exist. You don't try to end the world when they have all the guns, you take away their guns then end the world.

jimmi33

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2009, 06:51:48 PM »

Not really, someone could delete your super high Faith so it wouldn't exist. You don't try to end the world when they have all the guns, you take away their guns then end the world.

Impossible in this game.
Sin15698

sin1598@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2009, 06:53:54 PM »

No, if you had high enough protects or if you password changed every 50mins they couldn't get on your server to stop the delete, and it would be too expensive to buy from the software dealer.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: