The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 02:48:09 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Hackers come and go, but a great hack is forever."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Explaination and Question  (Read 3854 times)
Ginjitsu

View Profile Email
« on: April 30, 2009, 12:55:39 PM »

I logged in this morning and someone messaged me and simply asked me why I was prolonging Rev.  Initially I had 3 reasons(one private), one to just complete a bunch of research to see if it would catapult me up a place before the end this round and 3rd i was a little upset that this update(which so far I am in favor of) basically is forcing us to end this round and I feel it is up to the players to determine when the round ends(as i've stated in the forums earlier). Then someone was nice enough to hack me and KILL all my research which then pissed me off big time cause I've always had a no harm no foul policy and would not do that to another player(but it is a dynamic of the game and I must deal with it) so for the last day i've been steaming and basically put on my server stop me if you can.  Now i'm sure if the entire HP community ganged up on me my butt would be toast and before Rev popped to completion I would be at the bottom of the rankings and at this point I don't want all the hard work i've put in to be for nothing.

From what I can see it appears most of the bugs in this update are cleard up but is the update complete???  So far there appears to be only 1 mission type for the factions and i'm curious is there going to be anymore mission types or is this it??  If there are to be others then maybe we should hold off on ending the round until this update is fully completed with the various other mission types that are to be implimented and make sure they don't have any bugs so the next round doesn't get messed up like this one has.

There are also many other bugs and issues that have been brought up in the past that have yet to be addressed....maybe this is a time to work and fix those before the next round start again so it doesn't get messed up like this one did.

So now I am asking the entire HP community(or at least those who take the time to read and respond in these forums) are you all ready for this round to end??  If everyone says they are ready then I will stop my campaign and let Rev Pop. For those who have already been ready I apologize.
Cookie_II

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 01:04:58 PM »

Well as for me I have put a lot of work in this round. Now for the last part of this roound before the fractions update it was boring for me. Since the fraction update it has totally changed the game I feel that this round sould end and let us continue onto the next with the new updates.

I do understand that there are going to be bugs. But we will all be starting off fresh. End round and move on.
gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 01:12:09 PM »

I was ready to end the round as soon as emi told us that this update was almost done. I was just waiting for emi to say he was ready for the end of the round. I am a little mad that he put the update out before the end of the round though.

Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 01:14:29 PM »

i was a little upset that this update(which so far I am in favor of) basically is forcing us to end this round
i was under the impression that some players wanted it reset way before the update was done and were only waiting for the update ?

someone was nice enough to hack me and KILL all my research which then pissed me off big time cause I've always had a no harm no foul policy and would not do that to another player(but it is a dynamic of the game and I must deal with it)
snap i was hacked also and killed my deletions on the static public server that had been running for well over 1000 hours - but so be it.

so for the last day i've been steaming and basically put on my server stop me if you can.  Now i'm sure if the entire HP community ganged up on me my butt would be toast and before Rev popped to completion I would be at the bottom of the rankings and at this point I don't want all the hard work i've put in to be for nothing.

i am actually behind your effort to stop rev - not that i plan on joining you. i think its wonderful that all i ever read was "rev cant be stopped, its bugged blah blah, you are proving that its not bugged and if 1 person can stop it then i'm sure more than 1 can def keep it from popping.

From what I can see it appears most of the bugs in this update are cleard up but is the update complete??? 

not as far as i'm concerned

So far there appears to be only 1 mission type for the factions and i'm curious is there going to be anymore mission types or is this it?? 
yes at least 3 more to come.

If there are to be others then maybe we should hold off on ending the round until this update is fully completed with the various other mission types that are to be implimented and make sure they don't have any bugs so the next round doesn't get messed up like this one has.

good idea.

There are also many other bugs and issues that have been brought up in the past that have yet to be addressed....maybe this is a time to work and fix those before the next round start again so it doesn't get messed up like this one did.
again a valid point, myself and Donn and others have written extensive reports which are still waiting for emi to acknowledge even reading let alone implementing.

So now I am asking the entire HP community(or at least those who take the time to read and respond in these forums) are you all ready for this round to end??
am i ready for it to end = yes.
do i believe it should end = no

If everyone says they are ready then I will stop my campaign and let Rev Pop. For those who have already been ready I apologize.

thinking about it - i am ready to help you stop rev if you decide to continue let me know. it can be a we'll stop rev till the bugs are gone campaign :P
Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 01:49:45 PM »

Heh, two people working to stop rev won't do any better than one really, since you can't kill the disinfect anyway, and I think Gin has the hardware to run all the disinfects by himself at this point and is running more than enough faction missions to have the AP.

I personally am just waiting for the round to end.  I'm running some faction missions but it's just not worth it to me knowing that it's all gonna be reset soon anyway.  The .6 rev's are stoppable, the .1's laughable, but the 2.5 rev's are going to be impossible to kill once more people get them going, and it's not like they're gonna get deleted or anything.

The end of the round is inevitable, and none of this stuff is going to even really make a difference until the round ends.  I'm actually really looking forward to the next round.

I have finals next week, which means I will actually have a lot of free time.  As such, I personally want the round to end so I can have some free time at the start of my round to get into it (last round started in a really busy time for me)

But if you guys want to prolong it then be my guest, but what good are you really doing?  Most of the bugs are probably not going to be found right now anyway as tactics are going to be changing next round and that's probably where the new bugs are going to come from.

Exousia
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 02:02:57 PM »

I honestly don't care.   16

Since, with my farms rotting away, I seem to have no chance at obtaining the top 10, I'm going to be devoting my available funds to playing around with the faction update features in preparation for R3. I'll loose that chance when R3 comes around, but I'll also be earning money from missions which won't go away when the round resets. The longer the reset takes, the more time some of us have to use R2 resources to figure out new ways to play the game for R3, so I have no reason either to prolong or to hasten the reset.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: