The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 28, 2024, 11:38:08 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Down with the mega-corporations!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Researching increases your power  (Read 3739 times)
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: May 02, 2009, 09:15:26 AM »

Updates made:

- for every 100 HPD (80 for Gold) you get 115 HPD worth of power
- Golds receive +35 HPD worth of power for each research hour on each of their highest software
- regular accounts receive +15 HPD worth of power for each hour on each of their highest software
- your research ability will make your research more effective HPD wise, as less HPD will bring in the same power

The issue has been discussed here:
http://www.hacker-project.com/forum/index.php?topic=1509.msg18750#msg18750

Krieger

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 09:50:20 AM »

Nice update 1

DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 02:25:14 PM »

Im a little confused. Could you clarify something for me?

Does this only apply to the highest version software you have, or all software?

Also, i was under the impression that you got an increase in power anyway from the increase in the file version you are researching, provided that you don't have another copy of the software at a higher version.

siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 02:45:49 PM »

Also, i was under the impression that you got an increase in power anyway from the increase in the file version you are researching, provided that you don't have another copy of the software at a higher version.

It depends. Your power is composed of your finances, hardware and software. Each highest version of software type is counted, so naturally, the power increase refers to you researching the highest version of each software type. Of course you can research other software, but only the highest of each type will count.

Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 03:22:09 PM »

it applies to all software but only the highest version of that software
example : you have 3 files a passy protect v1 a passy protect v5 and a virus breaker v10
if you research the v10 breaker = power increase
if you research the v5 passy protect = power increase
if you research the v1 passy protect = no power increase - as you have a higher version already.

as it stood before today
if you researched a v1 software for 500 hours you would lose power due to losing the money - but you would gain power due to the file version change
if you were a non-gold user that money vs version would balance each other out so you would not lose or gain power.

people felt that you should gain power for researching otherwise whats the point in researching. which is what this update has brought in.

hope that helps.
DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 03:24:12 PM »

Ah thats clearer now, thanks.

It was just the wording above:

- Golds receive +35 HPD worth of power for each research hour on each of their highest software
- regular accounts receive +15 HPD worth of power for each hour on each of their highest software

That implies that you will only receive the power increase for researching your absolute highest software, which is why i wanted to make sure, thanks for clearing that up. 19

Edit: Thanks Tri, much better. You posted while i was writing this, but i left the original in because im too lazy to delete it /lol

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: