The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 16, 2024, 06:26:27 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Don't be evil."
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Remote downloads, group announcement  (Read 9278 times)
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: June 03, 2009, 12:02:03 PM »

- Remote downloads can be stopped now whitout having to access remote host that started it

- Group announcement has been extended to 65000 chars max from 255 chars.

ivandrago
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 12:17:05 PM »

Do mean all downloads in general or just on the group servers ?
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 12:18:30 PM »

Do mean all downloads in general or just on the group servers ?

All downloads. For example two people connected to a remote host (NPC or other) can stop remote downloads from remote host in order to clear up BW.

Araeus

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 01:16:58 PM »

Ouch... that's gonna get interesting...

Downloading new softwares from secret servers just got harder.

gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 10:50:29 PM »

now it is going to suck the dl the rober baron strait to a rb dedicated server... someone is bound to go through and kill every dl on every server they have just to be mean...

DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 01:39:09 AM »

You mean between them repeatedly killing my all research for no reason? laugh

I seriously think emi should consider re-thinking this stupid diminishing returns affair, its only a couple of weeks in and even a v11 password with a v10 firewall wont stop the n00bs cramping my gameplay! At this rate, never mind 100 hours to get +0.1, its gonna be 100 weeks!!!

FFS PEOPLE!

Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 04:12:24 AM »

You mean between them repeatedly killing my all research for no reason? laugh

I seriously think emi should consider re-thinking this stupid diminishing returns affair, its only a couple of weeks in and even a v11 password with a v10 firewall wont stop the n00bs cramping my gameplay! At this rate, never mind 100 hours to get +0.1, its gonna be 100 weeks!!!

FFS PEOPLE!

there was talk of limiting the breakers to x5 or x10 - but no word on wether its made it onto emi's list yet - that should help
siremi
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 08:54:56 AM »

there was talk of limiting the breakers to x5 or x10 - but no word on wether its made it onto emi's list yet - that should help

That would decrease PvP a lot and won't allow lower people to strike back. Not a good idea.

Downloading a Baron vir is not a problem, you just connect and use the Public FTP Download.
Your download will not be visible in the public server task list, so it won't be killed unless someone hacks into your gateway and stops it.

gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 02:15:58 PM »

oh, was that fixed from before? I know a while ago I saw download tasks on the true light repo that had no log's attached to them, so I assumed that they did not log into the server to download them (used public ftp).

DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 06:32:50 PM »

That would decrease PvP a lot and won't allow lower people to strike back. Not a good idea.

Downloading a Baron vir is not a problem, you just connect and use the Public FTP Download.
Your download will not be visible in the public server task list, so it won't be killed unless someone hacks into your gateway and stops it.
That couldn't possibly decrease PvP, at the current stage there seems to be nothing else, can't do any worthwhile research because it takes that long and as i mentioned before, some people think its funny to cancel it all.

I think limiting the overload is a great idea, and indirectly it may force people to actually research some of their own software instead of buying a v1 breaker and a crap load of HW then cracking everyone in sight and stealing it, i know that sounds silly, as it's part of the game, but there should be at least some kind of level structure here, like new players shouldn't be able to just overload themselves and get straight into the server of a top #10 player, they should have to work for that privilege.

DamascuS

準備戰爭

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2009, 12:15:28 PM »

- Remote downloads can be stopped now whitout having to access remote host that started it

Wait!...Whats that?...I've only just noticed...welcome back to another R1 SGP tactic! Let the good times roll laugh laugh laugh

I think limiting the overload is a great idea, and indirectly it may force people to actually research some of their own software instead of buying a v1 breaker and a crap load of HW then cracking everyone in sight and stealing it, i know that sounds silly, as it's part of the game, but there should be at least some kind of level structure here, like new players shouldn't be able to just overload themselves and get straight into the server of a top #10 player, they should have to work for that privilege.
Any comments or constructive criticism? anyone? emi?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 12:17:59 PM by DamascuS » Logged

Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2009, 12:36:12 PM »

Wait!...Whats that?...I've only just noticed...welcome back to another R1 SGP tactic! Let the good times roll laugh laugh laugh

Any comments or constructive criticism? anyone? emi?

emi replied to this elsewhere
Hatejacket
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2010, 10:35:33 AM »

:D Emi <3
WolfDoc
Select Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2010, 05:34:21 PM »

Same here Why post on a dead topic??

I understand u havent been around..but this change was made a year ago.. POST COUNT!!!
ãłþħά-∆9

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2010, 06:18:32 PM »

POST COUNT!!!

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: