The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 19, 2024, 10:51:54 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Down with the mega-corporations!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Spyware collect  (Read 4469 times)
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2009, 08:38:29 PM »

Ok, say I have 5 servers.

Which IP address is tagged to the virus when I do a collect and someone else has a Spyware stealing my $$$?

Is it the current gateway when I do the collect or is it the very first server I created?

Exousia
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 10:08:34 PM »

This is off the cuff, so feel free to correct me, but I believe that it's the IP of the server which is currently acting as your gateway. I vaguely remember something about there being a chance of another random owned server as well, though, but I may be thinking about VIs.

Anyone got a more definitive answer? I honestly haven't researched this one personally.  laugh
ivandrago
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 05:49:40 AM »

Unless Emi changed this in the past 8 months: The spyware will log the current IP of the gateway that installed the virus

@Exousia: I think your mixing things up with Virus Identifier.
Exousia
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 04:59:13 PM »

Unless Emi changed this in the past 8 months: The spyware will log the current IP of the gateway that installed the virus

@Exousia: I think your mixing things up with Virus Identifier.

Yeah, I feared as much.  2
Brok Ironfist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 09:26:35 PM »

Ok thanks. 

I was asked in game but didn't have a clue  21

ivandrago
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 12:41:31 PM »

It seems I was wrong after all  6

I know from personal experience now that there's also a chance that the spyware logs will reveal an IP of any random server owned by the moneymaking virus's owner.
Exousia
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 10:23:50 PM »

It seems I was wrong after all  6

I know from personal experience now that there's also a chance that the spyware logs will reveal an IP of any random server owned by the moneymaking virus's owner.

Ah, I see. My information was second hand, so I was willing to believe either case due to the lack of personal experience.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: