The Hacker Project - a free online game

March 29, 2024, 09:23:33 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Subverting tyranny is the highest duty."
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: To the one who hacked me...  (Read 17918 times)
docslax

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2009, 12:55:41 PM »

Well done mate! You screwed me over quite good with that one... and leaving a single crumb for me to follow into a dead end was a stroke of brilliance (ok so I exaggerate!  12). Still taught me something thanks for that ;)

Which leaves me with some questions for anyone around kind enough to answer:
1) Why is it when I bounce and check the logs sometimes there are 3 logs to delete and sometimes 2? Seems like every now and then I check the logs to delete my trail (just making a habit of it, my Log Deleter software is still the suck) and i see the last entry is the admin login, the next two show my bounce path, while on others it's just the admin login and only one bounce path.. whats that about?

2) Regarding my gateway (and yes I did search thru the forums looking for answers). I have multiple machines, but only one is my gateway, if someone was to get the IP of my non-gateway machines can they still connect to them without them being my 'current' gateway?

3) What happens if I delete a log, then modify it. When a Log UnDeleter is run does it recover it back to the blank log or does it go back to the original? Is this considered a 'hack' of the game by doing this? Still trying to understand the mechanics of a few things!

4) Any groups looking for an up and coming hacker recruit?

Doc

Derailing and trolling forum posts since Sept 2009!
gs 059

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 01:06:15 PM »

first I do not know, but number two, you have a stand-alone ip that you are at, which no one knows (this is your real world ip). you also have servers in the hacker project, those have known ip's. the one that is your current gateway is you connecting through it into the hacker project, so the other servers are still sitting there, they are just not being connected through from you.
3. no, a log undeleter will bring it back to the first real entry, log deletes do not stack.

docslax

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 05:28:37 PM »

Thanks for the info.

Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 05:04:01 AM »

Well done mate! You screwed me over quite good with that one... and leaving a single crumb for me to follow into a dead end was a stroke of brilliance (ok so I exaggerate!  12). Still taught me something thanks for that ;)
no idea on the hacker but gratz on the recovery

Which leaves me with some questions for anyone around kind enough to answer:
1) Why is it when I bounce and check the logs sometimes there are 3 logs to delete and sometimes 2? Seems like every now and then I check the logs to delete my trail (just making a habit of it, my Log Deleter software is still the suck) and i see the last entry is the admin login, the next two show my bounce path, while on others it's just the admin login and only one bounce path.. whats that about?

there are 6 types of admin logs
type 1 : recover missions logs - starts hidden - will be undeleted - saying your access codes are XXXXXXXXXXXXX.
type 2 : admin logged in from XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX - this is created when a user has direct connected and started a upload/download.
type 3 : admin logged in from XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX - this is created ONLY when a user looks at the remote logs. (provided one hasn't already been created by type 2)
type 4 : Proxy connection from [FROM] to [HERE] established. - created when someone bounces INTO a server
type 5 : Proxy connection from [HERE] to [NEXT] established. - created when someone bounces OUT of a server
type 6 : anything the user decides to write using log deletion software

as a bonus info - type 4 and type 5 have static timestamps - meaning they get the same timestamp of the original starting bounce connection - all other timestamps are current ones

2) Regarding my gateway (and yes I did search thru the forums looking for answers). I have multiple machines, but only one is my gateway, if someone was to get the IP of my non-gateway machines can they still connect to them without them being my 'current' gateway?

all servers can be hacked regardless of whether they are gateways or not.

3) What happens if I delete a log, then modify it. When a Log UnDeleter is run does it recover it back to the blank log or does it go back to the original? Is this considered a 'hack' of the game by doing this? Still trying to understand the mechanics of a few things!

all undelete log actions will show what was created by the system - not what was created by a human.

4) Any groups looking for an up and coming hacker recruit?

Doc

ask again when you run out of questions :P
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 05:09:46 AM by Triadian » Logged
docslax

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 01:25:55 PM »

Hey awesome thanks for the detailed response regarding logs much appreciated. I was noticing some odd stuff and had to give my head a shake a few times. Makes total sense now.

I did find out who hacked me.. he came back for round two and I looked at who was online and msg'd him and we called a truce, i did start it by hacking him and writing HI notes in his logs LOL!

Triadian
Select Member

Guilty as charged

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 02:10:35 PM »

Hey awesome thanks for the detailed response regarding logs much appreciated. I was noticing some odd stuff and had to give my head a shake a few times. Makes total sense now.

I did find out who hacked me.. he came back for round two and I looked at who was online and msg'd him and we called a truce, i did start it by hacking him and writing HI notes in his logs LOL!

your welcome - and remember what goes around comes around.....
Orannis

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 12:53:18 PM »

And leaving notes in people's logs should be done with caution...it riles them 1

Not that I'd know... shifty
Exousia
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2009, 05:14:55 PM »

Personally, I've only left one note in someone's logs: "Just passing through looking for someone else - Should change your IP if you can, though."
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2009, 06:31:48 PM »

lol usually when somone tried to do that to me they think of that then they say oh well lets **** up his server

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
docslax

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2009, 11:18:17 AM »

lol usually when somone tried to do that to me they think of that then they say oh well lets **** up his server

LOL I've had those same urges myself now and then, I chalk it up to not being able to come up with anything witty to write in the logs  12

bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2009, 02:03:54 PM »

LOL I've had those same urges myself now and then, I chalk it up to not being able to come up with anything witty to write in the logs  12
*sprays water* BAD *sprays water*

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
Exousia
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2009, 03:47:24 PM »

Doesn't need to be witty, just something that warns the player that their IP is publicly known.  7
bontrose

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2009, 05:30:59 PM »

like peekaboo

i win
you lose
get over it

NOW
docslax

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2009, 11:24:15 AM »

I got a question.. does an ip cloaker also defeat spyware when you do a collect or does it only work on sniffers?

ivandrago
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2009, 11:46:48 AM »

sniffers only ...
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: