The Hacker Project - a free online game

April 23, 2024, 09:05:38 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Don't be evil."
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hi from Defcon  (Read 2314 times)
Defcon

View Profile Email
« on: September 26, 2009, 06:13:38 AM »

Hi I'm antony. I'm 25 years old and from Wales.
I'm still very new to the game been playing for about 2 days and I'm still trying to work everything out.
Came across this game when I was trying to find the name of Uplink (I had played it a few years ago but had forgoten what it was callled.)  and thought I would give it a go. I'm having fun so far but struggling to get my software up high enough to start the faction missions.
I've been gaming for years including the nolifer WOW, but I mainly stick to fps games now as they dont seem to suck so much of my life away.
Ummmmmmmmmm cant really think of anything else to say so if you want to know anything just ask and I'll do my best to answer.
By the way didnt mean to offend anyone with the WOW comment but any wow player will tell you they spend a stupid amount of time playing that game especially if they raid a couple times a week  1
Exousia
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 07:21:54 PM »

I've been told you'll find some similarities to Uplink. I'm not sure how many or how close, but most would argue that this game is almost nothing like Uplink.  13 I've never played Uplink or even heard of it until this game.

I noticed that the faction missions require much higher software versions than when I was doing them at the start of the round. Poke around the public servers and see what you can find, though. Take missions just to find other IP addresses and new software. You won't get penalized for not completing the generic missions.

If nothing else, ask one of us veterans for help. We usually can scratch up some older software that you can use and we're almost always eager to help a newbie.  17
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: